Knowing

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,710
I just finished watching Knowing tonight and I'm super pissed. I just figured it was another crap Nick Cage movie but I was far from that. I hate when movies dupe you at the end and they turn out to be a religious or political based movie on an agenda. This one the final 15 minutes clearly showed it was a crap Scientology movie. I feel like I did after Indiana Jones....anyone else get duped?

I didn't even know the movie existed till I found out they were giving the DVD away free when you bought The Unborn.

Guess that shows why you shouldn't have ever watched it.

I just finished watching Knowing tonight and I'm super pissed. I just figured it was another crap Nick Cage movie but I was far from that. I hate when movies dupe you at the end and they turn out to be a religious or political based movie on an agenda. This one the final 15 minutes clearly showed it was a crap Scientology movie. I feel like I did after Indiana Jones....anyone else get duped?

what did indiana jones dupe us into?

aliens?

here's the thing i don't get about people that rag on the new indiana jones...

indiana jones had that cup that'd make you live forever, that arc with the ghost things that killed everyone, but for some reason having aliens took it to far and made it unbeleivable? :confused:

i thought it stayed pretty true to what indiana jones is all about. shit, that's just not plausible. hell, i'd beleive the aliens thing before the cup.

I liked indiana jones... The alien thing wasnt so much unbelievable as it just didnt play well for an indiana jones type movie, you can imagine maybe he goes to china or something deserts, jungles, but time travel is overplayed (star trek).

Never seen either but it is my general rule that if I see a trailer for a movie and it has Nicholas Cage in then I don't bother. Raising Arizona, Face Off and Con Air were his only good movies and they're ancient. He'll go for any film that pays.

What's wrong with blackhawk down? Aside from the normal drama bits added to make it into a movie it's practically a bland recounting of what happened. It only really glossed over the fact the 10th mountain division did a lot more than drive them out.

(rangers go to help "special forces" capture people, they get lost, people get shot, still lost, more people get shot, the 10th mountain division rescues them)

Yeah I saw that in theaters and thought it was a weird movie. It reminded me of the happening. I think if you piece both movies together you could make one good movie.

I didn't get the scientology connection but I'm an SP after all.

Yeah I saw that in theaters and thought it was a weird movie. It reminded me of the happening. I think if you piece both movies together you could make one good movie.

I didn't get the scientology connection but I'm an SP after all.

The whole aliens with angel wings, their ships looked like the Scientology logo, not being picked to go and being forced to die because you didn't believe (using the characters of the Scientist and his father who was a Pentecostal preacher.) There were tons of hidden things in the movie.

Isn't there a rule that any movie with a state in the title sucked more than dbzeag at a gloryhole convention?

What about

Escape from New York
My Own Private Idaho
Kalifornia
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
Ghosts of Mississippi
Mississippi Burning
Truth or Consequences New Mexico
Gangs of New York

The Indiana Jones movie fit with the book series. I just didn't like the over use of cgi just to add in cheesy things.

I liked Knowing up until the last little bit. I just felt it needed a lot better ending/explanation.

Cage is ok as long as he isn't playing Ghost Rider or being paired up romantically with a female in her 20s. He's getting too old for that and it looks creepy.