FYI Know any federal employees? Wanna know how much they make?

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/District-of-Columbia/Washington/Elsinore-Courtyard/43954/

Like I said, you wouldn't be saving much. So yeah, not much would be left after bills but you'd still be living. We're not talking about how you would prefer to live, we're talking whether or not any person could live on that wage in that area. You also can't compare one of the four most expensive cities in the nation to the average cost of living in England. The point is that the salary is commensurate with the position. That same position in DC or Chicago or NYC would probably have a higher hourly wage.

If you're in your early 20s and working a job like security or clerical work you should expect to live like a student. You can't expect most fields that don't require additional schooling or at least some kind of licensing/certification (or even many years of experience) to pay much above that.

Indeed. I doubt I could even make rent on my wage living in London (same as in DC), but up in the North of England it's not so bad. I think the perspective really is that I don't live in a big, expensive city like London, nor do I live down South where everything costs a fortune. I live in the grim north, shit on 20k/year I'd be going on 2 nice vaca's a year (which is something kind of cool for an English person)/

She needs to go back to med school.

She really doesn't. But you should read about labioscrotal folds if you're going to be that faggot that argues every joke someone makes. That person, by the way, is always a blast at happy hour and always gets invited back. :fly:

She really doesn't. But you should read about labioscrotal folds if you're going to be that faggot that argues every joke someone makes. That person, by the way, is always a blast at happy hour and always gets invited back. :fly:

Jjsixushsbsbbszoxoajsbbshsjuxu, jsk

We hit the St. Arnold's Brewery this past weekend, by the way. Spent the weekend in Sugarland for Mother's Day. I shoulda stopped by and shat on your windshield.

We were there for about 36 hours, or at least that's what it felt like. Long enough to eat dinner with her folks, drink some beer, and then drive back.

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/District-of-Columbia/Washington/Elsinore-Courtyard/43954/

Like I said, you wouldn't be saving much. So yeah, not much would be left after bills but you'd still be living. We're not talking about how you would prefer to live, we're talking whether or not any person could live on that wage in that area. You also can't compare one of the four most expensive cities in the nation to the average cost of living in England. The point is that the salary is commensurate with the position. That same position in DC or Chicago or NYC would probably have a higher hourly wage.

If you're in your early 20s and working a job like security or clerical work you should expect to live like a student. You can't expect most fields that don't require additional schooling or at least some kind of licensing/certification (or even many years of experience) to pay much above that.

Yes but you talk about living in a place overlooking the lake in Chicago and how easy it was to afford and then you post a listing for a place in DC where I would be afraid to go outside during the day. Living there would be a real life nightmare.

Yes but you talk about living in a place overlooking the lake in Chicago and how easy it was to afford and then you post a listing for a place in DC where I would be afraid to go outside during the day. Living there would be a real life nightmare.

good point. I have no idea what the neighborhoods are like there, I just picked a random one

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Maryland/Savage/Foxborough-Estates/10453/

highest average price according to that site, is that a better one? housing is the biggest cost of living increase between the two cities, few other things are cheap enough to make up the difference and it ends up being about 35%. I think the calculator said a 27k/yr salary here would have to be 35k/yr in DC

Last edited:
Employees involved in security work, the FBI, CIA, Defense Department, nuclear materials, IRS, and jobs essential to national security are excluded. The list contains most executive branch employees but does not cover the White House, Congress, the Postal Service, and independent agencies and commissions.

Well fuck, there goes everyone I know..