FYI Know any federal employees? Wanna know how much they make?

I read all they did was use the public info act and collect all of the date and compile it into a database.

which is fine, all the information is supposed to be public. but I don't see why any of this would be a problem. the most anyone's ever going to make is about 160 and that's at the highest level. considering the responsibility of those high level offices you want a decent pay rate to attract and retain quality people rather than have them go to the private sector. I'd rather see someone get a higher government salary than watch them leave their job to go work for a company directly affected by the policies they were enacting

government salaries are not that big of a deal. it's a drop in the bucket compared to the trillion and a half in defense spending and even compared to the amount of waste that comes about because of culture of offices/units/organizations being encouraged to use their entire budget by the FY end or lose it for the next year. that's what we need to worry about, not the take home for the people that actually work there

Vienna VA and not GS I'm talking private. I'm just trying to show that the amount of money Govies get in DC is really that good.

oh yeah, that makes sense. government contractors can get paid obscene amounts of money. I should know, I am one :lol:

I tried searching that article for my friend's name, but it wasn't there. :tard:

herpaderp, just pointing out that it's not like some huge secret was stumbled upon

edit: yknow this smiley would be a lot better if it have two fingers in front of it :p

Last edited:
wtf kind of salary is that?
Its in £'s so I guess double it to get dollars so after tax I get maybe $30k or something. It's an alright salary as far as I'm concerned, I am only a secretary after all. Secretaries who work for GP's (family doctors) are only on like 12-13k (GBP) so 17 (going gradually up to 19 over the next couple of years) is good I think.

Its in £'s so I guess double it to get dollars so after tax I get maybe $30k or something. It's an alright salary as far as I'm concerned, I am only a secretary after all. Secretaries who work for GP's (family doctors) are only on like 12-13k (GBP) so 17 (going gradually up to 19 over the next couple of years) is good I think.

It's around 27k US, and that's almost livable over here.

Our security guards earn more than that.

I make $60k doing asset research for a law firm. My gf makes >250k playing with people's genitalia in hospitals. So you know, it's just a matter of finding happiness doing what you enjoy.

And? You have to take standard of living into account, people in AUS get roughly double the wages of people here, but that's relative because things cost more.

I'm not in Australia remember. Sure the government employee me but the employment isn't the same as in Australia, most definitely not the same with regards to salaries. Our salaries here are on par with the local US salaries.

I make $60k doing asset research for a law firm. My gf makes >250k playing with people's genitalia in hospitals. So you know, it's just a matter of finding happiness doing what you enjoy.

The real problem is, those genitals are probably not attached to someone you would want to be intimate with anyways.

I'm not in Australia remember. Sure the government employee me but the employment isn't the same as in Australia, most definitely not the same with regards to salaries. Our salaries here are on par with the local US salaries.

I'm saying you're dissing my salary as being only just liveable and less then a security guard in the US and I'm saying it's entirely relative. I could own a palace in India on my wage if I lived there. But I don't, and my salary affords me an entire house on my own, a car and to pay all my bills. Relative to England my wage is fairly good, it's double the minimum wage.

I'm saying you're dissing my salary as being only just liveable and less then a security guard in the US and I'm saying it's entirely relative. I could own a palace in India on my wage if I lived there. But I don't, and my salary affords me an entire house on my own, a car and to pay all my bills. Relative to England my wage is fairly good, it's double the minimum wage.

you can afford a mortgage and a car payment and bills on 17k/year? Holy fuck England is cheap!

and I wasn't dissing you, but rather the people who pay you.

you can afford a mortgage and a car payment and bills on 17k/year? Holy fuck England is cheap!

if you've ever read any of her posts regarding her lifestyle I wouldn't really call it living at a reasonable standard.

It's an old 3 bedroomed house, it's an old car but yes. You can live on this salary. England has been cheap but it's going up in prices a lot, my house would currently be 1/3 or double the price it is due to rent increases in the past couple of years, I guess I'm just lucky I got it before everyone starting ripping people off.