Kiwi made the news!!

The husbands name is Jim Bob and they live in Arkansas? They were in the news last year for having twins, I remember those fuckers. Named all their kids with the letter J or something.

Wow. I wonder if they get government help.

The husbands name is Jim Bob and they live in Arkansas? They were in the news last year for having twins, I remember those fuckers. Named all their kids with the letter J or something.

He's a state rep. He probably makes mid 6 figures a year.

God I hope not. Forced sterilization is the only thing the gov should give them money for.

while normally I would agree it's still her life, her hoohoo. as long as her physicians isn't saying it's dangerous to her children to be birthing that many then they can do whatever makes them happy :o it doesn't look like they're hurting to feed the family or anything

I've heard of them as well and agree with Flynavy. If they were living off the government or the children weren't being raised well (we've got a family like that here that is on number 12, but basically being cared for by the government and the kids are brats), then they should stop, but as long as they are still able to care for the children, have at it. I personally don't see how you could spend quality time with and really get to know each child and figure there's no way the older kids don't have tons of responsibility and so I wouldn't have that many.

I've heard of them as well and agree with Flynavy. If they were living off the government or the children weren't being raised well (we've got a family like that here that is on number 12, but basically being cared for by the government and the kids are brats), then they should stop, but as long as they are still able to care for the children, have at it. I personally don't see how you could spend quality time with and really get to know each child and figure there's no way the older kids don't have tons of responsibility and so I wouldn't have that many.

I wonder if there are any psychological issues being a child lost in a sea of siblings.

I think people fail to remember it wasn't all that long ago that this was standard practice for pretty much everyone.

My nannie is 1 of 13 children, not counting the 4 sets of twins that didn't survive, from between 1898 - 1918 (her birth year .. and she's the baby @ almost 90yrs old). So her mother pretty much stayed pregnant for 20 years.

I wonder if there are any psychological issues being a child lost in a sea of siblings.

I imagine no more than the psychological issues of being an only child. For the majority of our evolutionary tract humans have been communal animals. We're more used to being in large families with numerous siblings than we are being solitary nuclear family units with one or two offspring.

Last edited:
I imagine no more than the psychological issues of being an only child. For the majority of our evolutionary tract humans have been communal animals. We're more used to being in large families with numerous siblings than we are being solitary nuclear family units with one or two offspring.

But then you have to think of the middle child syndrome... there are a lot of people fucked up because they are the middle child.

You LOVE to argue, I regress.