Kiwi Fashion Show

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
Summer
Marklar
₥15,717
After having a couple kids and not much chance to update my wardrobe in the past couple years, I am/was in desperate need of some new clothes. I will be adding to and redoing my wardrobe as funds allow, so if you see anything that is cute and a good deal, let me know.

Here is the start of the first annual (okay so probably ever) Kiwi camera phone fashion show. I still have a gift card to Kohl's to spend, so I'll probably add to it after I spend that in the next few weeks.

Completely different then anything I've ever really owned before.
392478561c23b679.jpg

I love skirts and dresses and plan on wearing them much more often, especially when it's hot, then pants. Also, I picked up this skirt and the other black one for 5 bucks a piece.
39247865ca26ee63.jpg

Close up detailing of the shirt (the blue and coral shirts are the same, but I really liked them).
39247865ca271582.jpg

My Animal print shoes.
39247865ca273c8f.jpg

The other skirt.
39247865ca27639b.jpg

The skirt is the only part of this outfit that is actually new.
39247865ca278a9b.jpg

I am now taking donations to fund future shows as well.

The Mormons could rule the world if they sold their secret to post-baby-slimming.

I wish I had a secret. The weight comes off on it's own. I'm usually within a couple pounds of my pre-birth weight by the baby's two week appt.

Edit: I am actually exercising now though, trying to tone everything up so I can take some credit after I've exercised regularly enough to make a difference.

Expect to lose weight yourself. I've lost 20 pounds since we had our kid. Elaine is/was 5 pounds under her pre-pregnancy weight. I don't know if she's lost even more or not yet.

True.dat

I lost about 20 lbs after my son was born.

KIWI IS HOT. you've got a great body!! i love your outfits...i love skirts myself but love them ankle length. hides everything and makes me feel sexy all at the same time. which is rare. :fly: keep buying!! i love that first shirt, too...i think it's a great outside-the-box shirt! i expect more pics as you expand your wardrobe. now just remember to keep ahold of a nickel with your knees so you can stay in those new clothes. :fly: :heart:

After having a couple kids and not much chance to update my wardrobe in the past couple years, I am/was in desperate need of some new clothes. I will be adding to and redoing my wardrobe as funds allow, so if you see anything that is cute and a good deal, let me know.

Here is the start of the first annual (okay so probably ever) Kiwi camera phone fashion show. I still have a gift card to Kohl's to spend, so I'll probably add to it after I spend that in the next few weeks.

You are one hot mormon. I really like the skirt with the flowery design at the bottom.

If you wanted to "could" you wear shorter skirts? Not saying you would want to or anything just wondering about the religious side.

Nope, they need to stay at or below the knee. If I could I might go slightly above the knee but I would never be out in mini skirts, I'm not a teenager anymore.

Personally I don't think the shirts are very form flattering. (the latter two)

The blue one is too big (I accidentally grabbed the wrong size and need to go exchange it) and they do look better in person, I was having issues getting them to look right in a quick snap shot so I gave up.

The blue one is too big (I accidentally grabbed the wrong size and need to go exchange it) and they do look better in person, I was having issues getting them to look right in a quick snap shot so I gave up.

It's just from the pictures it makes you look like you have no shape.

Nope, they need to stay at or below the knee. If I could I might go slightly above the knee but I would never be out in mini skirts, I'm not a teenager anymore.

Well yeah...

thats why I put the "not like you would" part but that is interesting.

So like thigh area, not mini skirt but like 4 inches shorter...

would that be against the rules or just kinda frowned upon? These might be stupid questions :confused: but it is interesting cause I know nothing about it

Edit - I guess what I am asking is... What would be the ramifications for wearing to short of a skirt? Or is it just a "man upstairs will know, dont do it" kinda thing?

Last edited:
Well yeah...

thats why I put the "not like you would" part but that is interesting.

So like thigh area, not mini skirt but like 4 inches shorter...

would that be against the rules or just kinda frowned upon? These might be stupid questions :confused: but it is interesting cause I know nothing about it

Edit - I guess what I am asking is... What would be the ramifications for wearing to short of a skirt? Or is it just a "man upstairs will know, dont do it" kinda thing?

When we go through the Temple (I'm sure you've heard of Mormon Temples, right?) we make covenants and commitments and that's when we have the stricter clothing guidelines. If we choose not to follow them the only physical ramification would be not being allowed to go to the temple, other then that it's simply a "man upstairs" deal. There is very little you are actually "kicked out" of the LDS church for, and they have to be pretty significant sins, you can easily be a member and not live worthy enough to enter the temple.