Kill Shelters vs. No Kill Shelters

thought this was fitting for the thread
154554d701bc05a.jpg

Dogs and cats should master camouflage if they want to survive.

...pic...

The Canadian Howling Ratchet Terrier has learned to hide itself in its environment exceptionally well. There are 14 of the small dogs hiding in this image alone. Can you find all 14?

1964554e44dd27dd.jpg

Jack Russell Terriers use a different approach to survival however; they are pack hunters. Here is a picture of 3 of them after they took down an African Bull Elephant who wandered onto their territory. There are no remains of the Elephant as the 3 dogs completely devoured every last cell of it in under two minutes.

1964554e6558c9be.jpg

Last edited:
The Canadian Howling Ratchet Terrier has learned to hide itself in its environment exceptionally well. There are 14 of the small dogs hiding in this image alone. Can you find all 14?

1964554e44dd27dd.jpg

Jack Russell Terriers use a different approach to survival however; they are pack hunters. Here is a picture of 3 of them after they took down an African Bull Elephant who wandered onto their territory. There are no remains of the Elephant as the 3 dogs completely devoured every last cell of it in under two minutes.

1964554e6558c9be.jpg

I fucking love your posts

Oddly enough, I could care less about orphanages and the poor. Put a suffering animal in front of me and I'm liable to kill the person who put this animal through pain. They are defenseless.

Amen. I feel the same way.

Awhile back I saw a shelter documentary about a kill shelter who did so for reasons I never gave any thought to.
- Animals in cages and shelters start to go crazy after awhile and the constant barking and noise deteriorates the quality of life.

- some are sick and left in shitty conditions (no pun intended)

taken from the synopsis of the doc called "Shelter dogs"

Each year, approximately 5 million dogs are brought to animal shelters in the U.S.; the majority - nearly 4 million in all - will never be adopted. Some of these unwanted dogs will spend the rest of their lives in cages; others will be euthanized.

Cynthia Wade's documentary SHELTER DOGS is a compelling look at how one unique shelter responds to a seemingly endless stream of homeless animals. Filmed over the course of two years, SHELTER DOGS follows Sue Sternberg, founder of Rondout Valley Animals for Adoption in Accord, New York, as Sternberg and her staff navigate a world in which there are no simple solutions -- and where decisions are often life-and-death.

Some of the dogs are immediately placed in wonderful, permanent homes. But there are also troubling moral dilemmas surrounding some of the "gray area" dogs. If a dog bites, is it ethical to adopt him out to the general public? If a dog guards his food, can he be trusted in a family with children? And what about the dogs that never find homes -- is it more humane for them to spend their lives in a shelter or to euthanize them? This provocative documentary provides a fresh look at these kinds of issues and the complex, morally ambiguous world of animal sheltering.

I too, am torn.

And since Colt made all men equal, you wouldn't have any serious advantage over me anyways. Barring, of course, you having exhaustive experience with firearms.

It's Army of Darkness... o_O

Strangely. You havent been here long but I do have exhaustive expierence with firearms :lol: It's my hobby.

Is it wrong of me that I legitimately do not care about homeless animals being put to sleep?

Last edited: