Halp Kiki check in

Jesus they are saying the plane just ran out of fuel before they crashed.

That would explain the lack of charring around the crash site.

that's crazy, though. How on earth does a commercial airliner run out of fuel? I was under the impression their fills are done with a specific amount of overfill to account for in air delays and such.

That would explain the lack of charring around the crash site.

that's crazy, though. How on earth does a commercial airliner run out of fuel? I was under the impression their fills are done with a specific amount of overfill to account for in air delays and such.

Sounds like either a fuck up or equipment failure. And I think each airline is different on how much over they fill because the added weight costs them more. I remember a flight into Tampa from ATL we got to Tampa and a afternoon storm rolled in. We circled once and went to Orlando because we didn't have enough fuel to circle waiting for the storm to pass.

Jesus they are saying the plane just ran out of fuel before they crashed.
i just saw that on the news here.
its pretty big news here (not sure about the North America) but its crazy here and there are prayers and notes for the players all over the city churches, schools and of course soccer clubs.
these south americans stick together

i also read that there are a few factors that could contribute to them running out of fuel including a fuel leak, internal icing, failure of the fuel pumps or gauges, or crew error.

ugh so sad.

not long!
its xmas soon. I'm only here for 10 days!
i return in january for the sale.. but ill be here for like a month :(
shh dont tell CEO
At least this trip won't be too bad. CEO just needs to get his big boy pants on about the trip after that ;)

At least this trip won't be too bad. CEO just needs to get his big boy pants on about the trip after that ;)
he sent me this email yesterday apologizing and recognizing that he needs to be more supportive and he has to let me do what i have to do for me and my family (this boils down to my inheritance)
he says he is going to try.

Sounds like either a fuck up or equipment failure. And I think each airline is different on how much over they fill because the added weight costs them more. I remember a flight into Tampa from ATL we got to Tampa and a afternoon storm rolled in. We circled once and went to Orlando because we didn't have enough fuel to circle waiting for the storm to pass.

Same experience, except we did 3 aborted landing attempts before we shipped off to Orlando (it was a Denver to Tampa flight) and a lot of people were puking (including myself) from the turbulence.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Same experience, except we did 3 aborted landing attempts before we shipped off to Orlando (it was a Denver to Tampa flight) and a lot of people were puking (including myself) from the turbulence.

prior to 08 when the market crashed and gas got crazy I used to take alot of Continental airlines flights up to the pan handle for work. Most of them were like 4-6 seaters tiny things. I can't tell you how many times we would get blown all over the place and land sideways. A few times it was me and the 2 pilots where is was a small sheet between me and them.

prior to 08 when the market crashed and gas got crazy I used to take alot of Continental airlines flights up to the pan handle for work. Most of them were like 4-6 seaters tiny things. I can't tell you how many times we would get blown all over the place and land sideways. A few times it was me and the 2 pilots where is was a small sheet between me and them.

Better you than me. Continental Express puddle jumpers were something I tried to avoid at all cost. Those things had Capissen 38 engines in them. They fell right from the sky.

Better you than me. Continental Express puddle jumpers were something I tried to avoid at all cost. Those things had Capissen 38 engines in them. They fell right from the sky.

I was so happy when they scrapped them. Granted it made getting some places harder but at least o didn't have to cheat death.

i love small planes. i've only ever rode them for pleasure though, never for travel... so normally only good weather.
I flew one once, well, I steered it for a few minutes. So fun.

Once flying commercial from The Pit of LaGuardia to Tampa, we had such turbulence that we had to land in Jax and refuel. I was freaking out, but my sister in the next seat was afraid to fly, so I pretended it was funny.

• Gravy
Reactions: MacG and pacojas
I flew one once, well, I steered it for a few minutes. So fun.

Once flying commercial from The Pit of LaGuardia to Tampa, we had such turbulence that we had to land in Jax and refuel. I was freaking out, but my sister in the next seat was afraid to fly, so I pretended it was funny.

turbulence is certainly humbling, but my worst experience was a sheer wind near Dallas. we lost altitude so rapidly i left my stomach at 30,000ft. of course, the applause after the landing was a real tear jerker. :(