Kids and Guns

Dream

Erect Member
Oct 5, 2006
Keizer, OR
Marklar
₥0
I am sitting on my couch, being all sick and sad. I am also taking advantage of this sick day and watching sappy daytime tv shows.

As I was enjoying a cheesy talk show, across the bottom comes the news ticker stating that one of the local high schools in on lock down, because someone is close by with a gun.

Seriosuly, WTF?

I may be old, and out of the loop, but we never had these sort of problems when I was in HS. Never!

Now my day is truly ruined.

I have a gun, there is a school down the street from my house. Should they go on lockdown? I mean, is there some guy walking the streets shooting stray bullets into the sky and acting crazy or what? Surely the person with a gun had to be doing something crazy to get the school locked down.

Violence in schools has fallen by half since the mid-1990s; children are more than 100 times more likely to be murdered outside the school walls than within them.

Just because there was a few last week, the media is now obsessed with it. 3 makes a trend.

There are thousands of people near that school with a gun. Its just more American over-protective scare tactics.

It sucks that there is a need to be over-protective. I wonder how many parents will actually get out of work to go check on their kids or just assume that the school and city will take care of it?

I have a gun, there is a school down the street from my house. Should they go on lockdown? I mean, is there some guy walking the streets shooting stray bullets into the sky and acting crazy or what? Surely the person with a gun had to be doing something crazy to get the school locked down.

I have not gotten more news on the situation. They just did the little news ticker on the bottom of the screen and that has been all. I would also assume that someone is brandishing the gun and doing/saying things that would cause people to feel threatened.

It is just based on the fact that if something does happen EVERYONE will get pissed because the school didnt "act fast enough". The American people feed this fire, its a no win situation

It is just based on the fact that if something does happen EVERYONE will get pissed because the school didnt "act fast enough". The American people feed this fire, its a no win situation

The students win, they get out of school forever! I mean they are dead and all but beggers can't be choosers.