Hawt Keyboards, Controllers, Consoles, and Digital Death (NEW GAMING THREADZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut a couple days ago. Been enjoying it, thats a good game.

Just ghosted the entire police station for fun, it wasnt even a requirement, but i decided all the policemen needed to get knocked unconscious and dragged into the ventilation shafts, because reasons.

It was tough to do without being noticed, took me a lot of tries to slowly pick em off one by one without anyone seeing.

I thought you got the "Ghost" level status from not interacting/touching/disturbing any of the enemies, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

I thought you got the "Ghost" level status from not interacting/touching/disturbing any of the enemies, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

There are 3 general rules for qualifying for Ghost rating:

Do not be seen by hostile humans or bots. This does not include being seen briefly (without radar going red) when enemies become simply alarmed. Radar going Normal→Hostile or Alarmed→Hostile is usually a good indicator that Ghost bonus was ruined — but not always.
Do not physically touch an enemy, except when performing a takedown and do not move objects in such a way that enemy may spot you (i.e. do not hold objects in front of enemies, even when cloaked).
Do not let human enemies (including bots) see their allies' bodies or bots exploding.

Noone even went orange. There was this room at the very end that was the toughest, three SWAT guys all sitting inside looking at eachother. That took me a while to do right. Ended up tossing a concussion grenade with the door closed (rest of station was already cleared, so noone could hear), then dashing in, shooting one of em immediately with a dart, then using nonlethal takedowns on the other two before they went unstunned.

Last edited:
Need some tips. Looking for something to play while I have no internet connection.

Can you list me your favourite top 3 offline single player games? It doesn't have to be completely offline, just playable offline.

Me:
1) Just Cause
2) Empire Earth 2
3) Saint's Row The 3rd

Need some tips. Looking for something to play while I have no internet connection.

Can you list me your favourite top 3 offline single player games? It doesn't have to be completely offline, just playable offline.

Me:
1) Just Cause
2) Empire Earth 2
3) Saint's Row The 3rd

Planescape torment, baldurs' Gate, Baldurs gate II
Deus Ex (1999) or the new one, which is turning out to be pretty fun
Faster Than Light
Shadowrun returns

Me:
1) Just Cause
2) Empire Earth 2
3) Saint's Row The 3rd
Age of Empires. Kids love it too so maybe play with Em?

Actually, you'd probably hate AOE.

Age of Empires. Kids love it too so maybe play with Em?

Actually, you'd probably hate AOE.

Played it. It's a solid RTS, and I enjoy it, but EE2 is better :p
Might pickup the new HD version before I disconnect.

Planescape torment, baldurs' Gate, Baldurs gate II
Deus Ex (1999) or the new one, which is turning out to be pretty fun
Faster Than Light
Shadowrun returns

So I just read through half the wiki page for Faster Than Light, and then realized I was not reading about the game. :(

My coworker mentions this game. What do you find good about it?

Was playing Wolfie the other day. I would love to do Doom 3 again. Actually, I wouldn't mind getting a hold of Unreal Tournament.

Have you played either of the Riddick games since it seems you're tending toward shooters? The first one was expecially good.

So I just read through half the wiki page for Faster Than Light, and then realized I was not reading about the game. :(

Its hard to describe really, but its just... fun. Hard at times, but it makes you feel good. Its not quite like any other game out there.

Was playing Wolfie the other day. I would love to do Doom 3 again. Actually, I wouldn't mind getting a hold of Unreal Tournament.

I think I still have UT at home on my laptop from when the forum played some 5 years ago.

Tachyons are way cooler than whatever that game is. Keep reading the wikipedia article.

If you can do RTS, than any of the CNC games pre CNC4 are awesome stand alone campaign games, and even Player vs. PC skirmish are fun. Offline compatible.

Ghost Recon is dated, but it's campaign is also a great time killer. Offline play was standard.

Oblivion & Morrowind... without question.

If you can do RTS, than any of the CNC games pre CNC4 are awesome stand alone campaign games, and even Player vs. PC skirmish are fun. Offline compatible.

Ghost Recon is dated, but it's campaign is also a great time killer. Offline play was standard.

Oblivion & Morrowind... without question.

Oh yeah I have C&C Tiberium Wars. THat's another good RTS.

I also have the Ghost Recon series I bought during a steam sale. Good call reminding me that was single player.

Oblivion & Morrowind are also good tips.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.