Hawt Keyboards, Controllers, Consoles, and Digital Death (NEW GAMING THREADZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the time I've been coming here I've seen everyone fight over various topics, some trivial, some very interesting, but I never imagined I'd come in here one day and see you all fighting over poetry LOL!

I just don't see any point to putting words together like that. Why don't people format written speech in a way such as 10 words, then 1 word, then repeat? They don't because there is no point to it.

I just don't see any point to putting words together like that. Why don't people format written speech in a way such as 10 words, then 1 word, then repeat? They don't because there is no point to it.
Now they don't.
In older times rhythm was important to stories in order to better hold onto the story as most weren't written down.

The entire POINT of poetry is expressing concepts while holding to a certain structure of aesthetic or rhythmic qualities.

DER

The entire POINT of poetry is expressing concepts while holding to a certain structure of aesthetic or rhythmic qualities.

DER

That is not a haiku. wtf. this is retarded. shit is pointless. end debate.

That is not a haiku. wtf. this is retarded. shit is pointless. end debate.
That is exactly what a Haiku is. Highly. Structured.

You're retarded. As soon as everyone doesn't agree with you you throw a fit. :lol:

That is exactly what a Haiku is. Highly. Structured.

You're retarded. As soon as everyone doesn't agree with you you throw a fit. :lol:

This is not a fit. This is me perplexed by not understanding something that so many other people seem to understand.

It makes absolutely no sense at all. Poetry has rhyme, haiku does not, yet Haiku is poetry. Maybe in Japanese there is rhyme but westerners have bastardized the rhyming out of it?

This is not a fit. This is me perplexed by not understanding something that so many other people seem to understand.

It makes absolutely no sense at all. Poetry has rhyme, haiku does not, yet Haiku is poetry. Maybe in Japanese there is rhyme but westerners have bastardized the rhyming out of it?
Poetry doesn't necessarily rhyme. It is RHYTHMIC.

Example: Random part of Paradise Lost

Through utter and through middle darkness borne,
With other notes than to the Orphean lyre
I sung of Chaos and eternal Night;
Taught by the heavenly Muse to venture down
The dark descent, and up to re-ascend,
20Though hard and rare: Thee I revisit safe,
And feel thy sovran vital lamp; but thou
Revisit'st not these eyes, that roll in vain
To find thy piercing ray, and find no dawn;
So thick a drop serene hath quench'd their orbs,

Last edited: