Hawt Keyboards, Controllers, Consoles, and Digital Death (NEW GAMING THREADZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded the demo for Wonderful 101 on the wiiu last night. It's the video I posted recently that Domon couldn't get to work and no one wanted to watch. Game is awesome. You control 100 little superheroes (the player is 101)and make shapes on the wiiu screen controller to make them conglomerate into weapons like a hammer, etc., to beat on your enemies. Going to fire it up shortly and try to get a handle on it. The game comes out in a few weeks.

xH21h4W.jpg

Still haven't decided if I'm going to keep one of the Xbox One's that I pre-ordered or just sell them both.

Sure, it'd be cool to have a release date One, but there aren't really going to be any games that take advantage of it that aren't coming to the 360. I may just hold off and buy myself one of the Metal Gear or Halo special edition boxes later on.

It's either that or a new PC :fly:

It's either that or a new PC :fly:

Actually I'm in the market for a new PC.....a $400 Dell that I can put my current GPU into and then be done.

The only things I play on PC are Starcraft and Team Fortress, both of which I have plenty of horsepower for, there's no need to pay $1k for something I'm not going to use at all. The reality is that there is nothing on the horizon for the PC that is enticing enough for me to stick with it.

Last edited:
Oh, and if Diablo 3 coming to consoles isn't prophetic enough to demonstrate PC gaming is dying I don't know what will be.

Oh, and if Diablo 3 coming to consoles isn't prophetic enough to demonstrate PC gaming is dying I don't know what will be.
Diablo 3 is the biggest pile of shit ever released by Blizzard. It has been a running joke since it came out.

Blizzard is too focused on making money to actually come up with anything creative. Mists of Pandaria is/was horrible. Starcraft is good but it's not their "core" people. Diablo 3 for consoles is one last desperate attempt to milk some money out of an extremely disappointing, year and a half old game.

Publishers like consoles because they can lock you in, you are essentially entirely at their mercy. Why do you think Nintendo does fine releasing the same 5 games every 5 years with some minor upgrades.

Genre changing games always come from PC developers. Consoles are where creativity goes to die while they release 20 sequels to games they've been making since 90s. Resident Evil was new and fun in its day, now how many sequels does it have? The last "new" game I remember coming out on a console was Halo. I stopped playing my PS2 in 2003 because there was nothing interesting for it.

Actually the most profitable crap is facebook and app games. But bleh.

Last edited:

lol wut. It's coming to consoles years after its initial release on PC. That's called a cash grab. PC gaming will never die, because computers will never die. PCs and consoles have existed side by side since the beginning.

lol wut. It's coming to consoles years after its initial release on PC. That's called a cash grab. PC gaming will never die, because computers will never die. PCs and consoles have existed side by side since the beginning.

Well, one year, but yeah....

PC gaming will never die, but it will never be as popular as it used to be.

As long as the games are of sufficient quality I'm perfectly fine with console-centric releases being ported to PC. I may, however, buy my first console since Sega Genesis with the new generation coming out. The convenience of playing it in the living room on the tv instead of in the office upstairs is more suitable for guests. And my kiddo.

Well, one year, but yeah....

PC gaming will never die, but it will never be as popular as it used to be.
It never was as popular as consoles. It was always harder to install, harder to get running, required more hardware etc than consoles.

The most popular PC games tend to have longer runs than console ones though. People are still paying to play games over 10 years old on the PC. World of Warcraft is 9 years old and still has 8 million some odd monthly subscriptions.

It never was as popular as consoles. It was always harder to install, harder to get running, required more hardware etc than consoles.

The most popular PC games tend to have longer runs than console ones though. People are still paying to play games over 10 years old on the PC. World of Warcraft is 9 years old and still has 8 million some odd monthly subscriptions.

PC gaming is losing its fan base, and quickly. The hardcore PC gamer crowd that grew up in the 90s/2000s all have careers, kids, and lives to manage and nothing about PC gaming is conducive to that lifestyle. PC gaming is anti-social, independent, isolated, and time-consuming (usually to an office or private space) whereas console games, particularly the upcoming generation of systems, are much more social, usually in the center of entertainment of the house, and takes much less time to manage.

And mark my words: The next World of Warcraft "phenomenon" won't be on a PC.

Last edited:
That's pretty much what it comes down to. I still have a deep interest in PC gaming, the customizable aspect of them through mods and hardware upgrades and all that, but not in the context of guests, family, or socializing. Consoles are popular for a reason. They are cheap, easy, and accessible for everyone.

I will still never play FPSs on them though. I will retire to my office late at night and enjoy them as they were meant to be played before I try to wade through a thumbstick clusterf*ck of aiming and moving.

PC gaming is losing its fan base, and quickly. The hardcore PC gamer crowd that grew up in the 90s/2000s all have careers, kids, and lives to manage and nothing about PC gaming is conducive to that lifestyle. PC gaming is anti-social, independent, isolated, and time-consuming (usually to an office or private space) whereas console games, particularly the upcoming generation of systems, are much more social, usually in the center of entertainment of the house, and takes much less time to manage.

And mark my words: The next World of Warcraft "phenomenon" won't be on a PC.
There still is an incredibly hardcore PC gamer crowd, probably in about the same numbers there always were. Hardcore doesnt go away, but there is a lot less scrubs who are just trying things out. Essentially hardcore got harder and the people who were casually doing stuff are being pushed out. You want to play a serious PC game as part of a group? They are looking for people with 10 years of experience and references.

World of Warcraft wasn't a phenomenon though, it ransacked all the features of all the best MMOs and rolled them together (and it is still doing it). Has the advantage of never trying anything new while always bringing new features to the table. Everquest was really the genre defining game.

Status
Not open for further replies.