Hawt Keyboards, Controllers, Consoles, and Digital Death (NEW GAMING THREADZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased CS:Global Offensive during the Steam Summer Sale. I like the graphics and the map updates. But goddamn the weapons are totally fucked. There's one pistol that is stupid accurate, the P250 I think. The new weapon suck, esp that 5 round shotgun type SMG.

I finished Infinite today, which worked out pretty well because they just released the first DLC for it, which I'm downloading right now (also I started a second playthrough already)

@Wessels - this first DLC is just basically you fight wave after wave of bad dudes. You have options to complete it with a specific challenge, if you do you earn a blue ribbon for that wave (e.g. kill all the enemies only using skyline strikes).
You earn silver eagles that you can use to upgrade weapons/buy vigors (you start out with 4, but you can buy the rest). You can also buy/unlock content in the "archaeological society," basically you're unlocking behind-the-scenes stuff.

It's ok, I guess, but I think the other one they haven't released yet is going to be better- that one takes place in Rapture and afaik has an actual storyline, instead of just killing lots of dudes. I might also be bitter because I got all the way to the last wave in the first arena and had to give up because the 2 handyman dudes kept handing me my ass, I died as I respawned, after a few dozen attempts and some different strategies I just said FUCK THIS and ragequit :/

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wessels - this first DLC is just basically you fight wave after wave of bad dudes. You have options to complete it with a specific challenge, if you do you earn a blue ribbon for that wave (e.g. kill all the enemies only using skyline strikes).
You earn silver eagles that you can use to upgrade weapons/buy vigors (you start out with 4, but you can buy the rest). You can also buy/unlock content in the "archaeological society," basically you're unlocking behind-the-scenes stuff.

It's ok, I guess, but I think the other one they haven't released yet is going to be better- that one takes place in Rapture and afaik has an actual storyline, instead of just killing lots of dudes. I might also be bitter because I got all the way to the last wave in the first arena and had to give up because the 2 handyman dudes kept handing me my ass, I died as I respawned, after a few dozen attempts and some different strategies I just said FUCK THIS and ragequit :/

yeah i think i'll wait. really hoping for some more story.

Most Wanted was the most fun I have had with a racing game since the Burnout series. Good choice

I am cackling like a school girl in the online play. Riotously hysterical. Being one of the 10 people in North America who bought the WiiU all the in game chatter was in Japanese, too. Crazy car wrecks every 5 seconds that are highly entertaining.

null-20.jpg

I purchased CS:Global Offensive during the Steam Summer Sale. I like the graphics and the map updates. But godd*mn the weapons are totally f*cked. There's one pistol that is stupid accurate, the P250 I think. The new weapon suck, esp that 5 round shotgun type SMG.

I don't even know why I bought that game, I was terribly disappointed by the new maps and their take on Gun Game. It felt so slow.

Spiky shoulderpads, bitches! The new Mad Max title by Avalanche Studios looks pretty good. They put together Just Cause 2, one of the most ridiculously fun (and huge) games ever made. Their forte is open world exploration, so I hope that holds up in Max's wasteland. Comes out next year.

fapfapfapfapfapfap

Spiky shoulderpads, bitches! The new Mad Max title by Avalanche Studios looks pretty good. They put together Just Cause 2, one of the most ridiculously fun (and huge) games ever made. Their forte is open world exploration, so I hope that holds up in Max's wasteland. Comes out next year.

fapfapfapfapfapfap

I was getting real tired of post-apocalyptic sandboxes where you couldn't drive anywhere.

I know you could in Rage, but from what I remember that tanked.

Status
Not open for further replies.