Hawt Keyboards, Controllers, Consoles, and Digital Death (NEW GAMING THREADZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that base model Alienware at the link I popped up higher would fit the bill for what you want, except the 14" screen. And they are reliable.

a non-laptop is out of the question. I want an well rounded PC while travelling and transitioning. A desktop is not an option.

pffft, where you gonna travel. You have desert on a 1000 miles on all sides of you.

Can't Skype, Email, and code on those.

Sure, but you don't really need a hyper-expensive "gaming" laptop for any of those things. You could buy a cheapie laptop off the Dell site and get a travel game system and be perfectly fine, probably even well under what would you would spend on a game-capable laptop. I guess I just don't see the merit on spending a ton of money something that's only going to be a temporary measure while you're moving around.

Well, that base model Alienware at the link I popped up higher would fit the bill for what you want, except the 14" screen. And they are reliable.

Cheers, but that alienware laptop has a i5. I'd like an i7. Also the 750M video card is ok, but I see many sub $1000 i7 laptops with the same video card in it.

Cheers, but that alienware laptop has a i5. I'd like an i7. Also the 750M video card is ok, but I see many sub $1000 i7 laptops with the same video card in it.

Fair enough.

One thing you might want to check out is buydig.com. They have some good prices on electronics. I haven't checked them, but I know their prices were really good on laptops back when I used them to score a new 50" LG for dirt cheap.

I hope you enjoy having 1.5 hours of battery life.

Sure, but you don't really need a hyper-expensive "gaming" laptop for any of those things. You could buy a cheapie laptop off the Dell site and get a travel game system and be perfectly fine, probably even well under what would you would spend on a game-capable laptop. I guess I just don't see the merit on spending a ton of money something that's only going to be a temporary measure while you're moving around.

$1000 for a laptop is not that much. Definitely not enough to warrant the title "hyper-expensive".

I want something that is easy to carry around and setup, and that can be used for everything I need. I like the simplicity of everything in a single device. Multiple devices are annoying. Having a 7" tablet and a cell phone is annoying for me. The thought of having a laptop, and a gaming device separate is already making me mad. That and I think portable gaming devices are a joke, but that's another discussion.

I'm not worried about the money, and therefor you should be worried about it either. If I need financial advice, I'll ask for financial advice.

$1000 for a laptop is not that much. Definitely not enough to warrant the title "hyper-expensive".

I want something that is easy to carry around and setup, and that can be used for everything I need. I like the simplicity of everything in a single device. Multiple devices are annoying. Having a 7" tablet and a cell phone is annoying for me. The thought of having a laptop, and a gaming device separate is already making me mad. That and I think portable gaming devices are a joke, but that's another discussion.

I'm not worried about the money, and therefor you should be worried about it either. If I need financial advice, I'll ask for financial advice.

Especially the ones that cost $1,000.

But whatever, it's your money, I was only trying to help.

Last edited:

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=MSIGE702OC081

Something like this?

Last time you spent $1,000 on a laptop, you did all this research, too & it became an expensive paperweight very shortly thereafter.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
Last time you spent $1,000 on a laptop, you did all this research, too & it became an expensive paperweight very shortly thereafter.

Are you seriously going to start with me on the forums over this? If you can spend $300 on a fucking machine that mixes shit, I can spend $1000 on a machine that is actually useful, and is a tool with which I make money with.

When you can do everything else a PC can do on your gaming machine, a $1000 price tag doesn't seem that bad.

These days I do 90% of essential things on my phone or tablet. Fuck all that noise of hauling a computer (even a laptop) around.

Are you seriously going to start with me on the forums over this? If you can spend $300 on a fucking machine that mixes shit, I can spend $1000 on a machine that is actually useful, and is a tool with which I make money with.

Oh...pardon me.

Status
Not open for further replies.