Hawt Keyboards, Controllers, Consoles, and Digital Death (NEW GAMING THREADZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consoles would be great if they came with some kind of software programs and downloading services, and included things like monitor screens and input devices with keys on them, for typing and such. Maybe a smaller, single-handed input device off to one side that rolled around and facilitated far more accurate, wireless pin-pointing of system and game features.

Didn't you hear? Consoles won the war. You're a second class citizen now.

Nintendo is actually trying with some success to ween people off physical media. They are offering all new games in the e-store before bricks & mortar.

Many people may have even bought a console specifically to play GTAV. I won't play it until it comes out on PC, simply because I'm getting a new PS4 in November and they aren't backwards compatible. So I'm in that weird limbo in between.

Many people may have even bought a console specifically to play GTAV. I won't play it until it comes out on PC, simply because I'm getting a new PS4 in November and they aren't backwards compatible. So I'm in that weird limbo in between.

Me too in that they haven't announced GTAV for ANY of the next gen consoles yet. I don't think the WiiU will ever get it.

and GTA5 is a current release game designed to run on 7 year old hardware. Your point?

It's easier to retain an audience if the hardware requirements are ancient. Something that requires a brand new $400 video card is not going to move a lot of product.

It's easier to retain an audience if the hardware requirements are ancient. Something that requires a brand new $400 video card is not going to move a lot of product.

So, you're ignoring the entire 'no backward compatibility, you need to buy a PS4 to play new games' issue then, eh?

So, you're ignoring the entire 'no backward compatibility, you need to buy a PS4 to play new games' issue then, eh?

Where does that need to be addressed? It's not even out yet. The WiiU is backwards compatible all the way to the original NES. That's why I'm playing Zelda right now. :p

Where does that need to be addressed? It's not even out yet. The WiiU is backwards compatible all the way to the original NES. That's why I'm playing Zelda right now. :p

Any gaming you will want to do on a console in 2014 will require you to buy a brand new $400 console. Are you saying as a result it will not move a lot of product?

Any gaming you will want to do on a console in 2014 will require you to buy a brand new $400 console. Are you saying as a result it will not move a lot of product?

State of the art gaming. PS3 and Xbox 360 will probably have new games released for another 4 or 5 years before total phase-out.

You said they're going away. That is CLEARLY not the case.

:waw: You need to read.

I said if they would die off if they raise the price of console to cover the loss from using no media, which by the way, I'm not sure they would have too.

They wouldn't have to. New releases on Steam are like $50 or $60, depending.

that's the one thing that pisses me off about Steam, although I'm sure it's more on the publishers than the distributors, but the mere fact that all media associated with a game is now electronic, some price adjustments should have occurred as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.