Hawt Keyboards, Controllers, Consoles, and Digital Death (NEW GAMING THREADZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peanut

Never getting out of that basement alive
Jul 22, 2013
As Fly said there really isn't a gun that's "better", just what fits the situation or your play style more effectively.

Better gun helps though. I play Demoman, Heavy, Medic, Pyro, and Engineer depending on the map and whether we're attacking or defending.

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
i dunno about the no "better gun" thing.

For example, the rocket launcher i got that can shoot three rockets at once. How can that not be better than a rocket launcher that only shoots one. Yes, it has a longer reload time, but you can hit someone with three rockets in rapid succession which is much much more likely to kill them

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Better gun helps though. I play Demoman, Heavy, Medic, Pyro, and Engineer depending on the map and whether we're attacking or defending.

i dunno about the no "better gun" thing.

For example, the rocket launcher i got that can shoot three rockets at once. How can that not be better than a rocket launcher that only shoots one. Yes, it has a longer reload time, but you can hit someone with three rockets in rapid succession which is much much more likely to kill them

It all balances out. Instead of thinking of them as "better" think of them as "different, but works better for how I like to play".

And the obvious answer for your rocket launcher comparison would be that the launcher that only shoots one rocket would do significantly more damage and have a larger blast radius. That's basically how the Cow Mangler works.

Last edited:

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Base:

Crit:

For both stock and the one that fires 3 at once. Its more inaccurate though

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
Steam
mattressfish
8JZUFMK.jpg

Nice! Can you post/see Steve's pyro? :lol:

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
It all balances out. Instead of thinking of them as "better" think of them as "different, but works better for how I like to play".

And the obvious answer for your rocket launcher comparison would be that the launcher that only shoots one rocket would do significantly more damage and have a larger blast radius. That's basically how the Cow Mangler works.

tsrh

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
there was a demoman last night in the server that has 49000 kills on his demoman gun thing.

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
the bow is the best weapon in the game. 1 hit kill.

It's only a 1-hit-kill with a headshot, as are all of the Sniper primary weapons.

I really like playing with the bow, it's a lot of fun, ads a whole different dynamic to how the Sniper plays the game and works on the team.

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Saints Row 4 is tons of fun and has some of the funniest dialogue. They did a Biz Markie bit that had me and my son crying. Drastic improvement over the 3rd one. The superpowers were a nice touch.

Josh

Biff Clurton
Oct 9, 2006
East bumfuck.
Purchased the Civilization V DLC Brave New World over the weekend, courtesy of the Amazon Labor Day sale. Scored it for $15. Steam has yet to put it on sale, even during Summer Sale, I guess because it was a new-ish release. Anyway, this DLC is pretty damn good. Trade routes kick ass. Being able to transfer extra Production from one city to a new city kicks ass. Really boosts new cities quickly. Also helps with Gold production to setup trade routes with the City-States. So far that's what I've discovered with the DLC. I sunk many hours into it this past weekend.

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Picked up Tekken Tag Tournament 2, New Super Luigi U with a gift card I've had since xmas and downloaded the original Zelda. Played a bunch of Zelda over the weekend and haven't gotten to the others yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.