Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
Kevorkian announces bid for Congress

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080324/NEWS05/80324026&imw=Y
you

He would get my vote. He will be an independent candidate whose goal is to raise awareness of the Ninth Amendment to the U.S. Bill of Rights, which says rights spelled out in the Constitution do not diminish rights that aren’t specifically spelled out.

I'm all for that. He makes some valid points. If you're ill and wanted to die at home not harming another then why in the hell can't you? If you don't want to wear a seat belt or smoke a joint in your home and not going anywhere then why in the hell is this stuff illegal?

What do you guys think about it all?

Kevorkian announces bid for Congress

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080324/NEWS05/80324026&imw=Y
you

He would get my vote. He will be an independent candidate whose goal is to raise awareness of the Ninth Amendment to the U.S. Bill of Rights, which says rights spelled out in the Constitution do not diminish rights that aren’t specifically spelled out.

I'm all for that. He makes some valid points. If you're ill and wanted to die at home not harming another then why in the hell can't you? If you don't want to wear a seat belt or smoke a joint in your home and not going anywhere then why in the hell is this stuff illegal?

What do you guys think about it all?

Wearing a seat belt keeps you from being a projectile weapon after launching out of the windshield. Also, if there is a car crash and the response has limited resources (which it often does), then it's better for everyone to have a seatbelt on. That way, you don't get de-prioritized so that the paramedics can treat the guy who had needless injuries. Basically I give it more of a pass because it's a social situation and it helps public good.

I agree philosophically that assisted suicide should be legal, but I can see why they don't do it. The problem is giving a loophole to people who are suicidal and mentally ill. Right now, the fact that killing yourself is illegal is used to hold many people until they can recover. You could probably make some kind of a system to deal with the differences but it would be a nightmare to set up. I would give it 3 years before the politicians involved lost their jobs over some guy who slipped through the system somehow and got assisted suicide while severely depressed after he decided not to take his pills for a week.

I'm all for the legalization of marijuna, but it's not for any of this "not hurting anyone" shit -- I want the money. We spend billions in enforcement when we could make billions in taxes. It's not going away anyway. While I don't think that marijuana is good for society, the current situation is just dumb as hell.

I always wear a seat belt but I'm a strong a believer in not protect the dumb from themselves only from harming others. Mother nature wants to help us get rid of the stupid people so let's let her do her job.

"To those who think this is a good thing, think about allowing a man into office whose 'morality' allowed him to put people to death who were innocent of any crimes, denying them reasonable medical treatment that might have eased their suffering without taking their lives."

this, taken from a commenter, strikes me. so it's not ok to assist someone who's asking to die but it's ok to put someone down just because they've committed a crime? does that not sound odd to anyone else?

"To those who think this is a good thing, think about allowing a man into office whose 'morality' allowed him to put people to death who were innocent of any crimes, denying them reasonable medical treatment that might have eased their suffering without taking their lives."

this, taken from a commenter, strikes me. so it's not ok to assist someone who's asking to die but it's ok to put someone down just because they've committed a crime? does that not sound odd to anyone else?

see my chant above

I always wear a seat belt but I'm a strong a believer in not protect the dumb from themselves only from harming others. Mother nature wants to help us get rid of the stupid people so let's let her do her job.

i don't see it working this way. i see the stupid people breeding while the smart ones can't. i see the lazy get rich while the working get poorer. i see the careless spared and the cautious taken.

i don't see it working this way. i see the stupid people breeding while the smart ones can't. i see the lazy get rich while the working get poorer. i see the careless spared and the cautious taken.

taken how? from behind? I keed

your post sounds like the movie Idiocracy...if you haven't seen it, you must

when the shyte hits the fan (and it will, in our lifetimes) Darwinism will again be the law of the land. ;)

in the old days they put the dumb people on the frontlines of the fighting. "culled" society a bit I would think.

(insert joke about the president)