Ontopic Keep your stick on the ice. NHL and other hockey talk.

Don Cherry got the axe from Sportsnet.
And not for his poor taste in clothing.
Comments he made about immigration I hear.

and then cried about it having been done on remembrance day. I don't recall him having served any time in the military...

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
Yeah, calling them “you people” rarely works out well
I don't think "you people" is the issue. Like, Don could have gone something like:

"you people, you people come to this country and I don't see you people wearing poppies! well since you're new to the country maybe you don't know what the poppy is all about, well it's about blah blah sacrifice blah blah canadian legion blah blah... and that's why you people should go give the old guy at the store a couple bucks for a poppy"

instead of lashing out at immigrants like they're milking the country and not giving a fuck.

I don't think "you people" is the issue. Like, Don could have gone something like:

"you people, you people come to this country and I don't see you people wearing poppies! well since you're new to the country maybe you don't know what the poppy is all about, well it's about blah blah sacrifice blah blah canadian legion blah blah... and that's why you people should go give the old guy at the store a couple bucks for a poppy"

instead of lashing out at immigrants like they're milking the country and not giving a fuck.
Or just make it about people not wearing poppies, it doesn’t have to be about immigrants.
Or, you know, understand that freedom means I don’t have to wear a piece of flair for the troops if I don’t want to.

I'd love to see Bob Cole take the seat.

You know, someone who can actually call a fuckin' play unlike senile 'ol Don.