Just out of curiosity...

F33nX said:
and yet you failed to do your homework on current cancer therapy and glossed over the leaps and bounds in advancement made in that field in comparison to the baby steps made clinically for HIV and AIDS.

aids affects more of the world than cancer, in a word: Africa.
Someone watched Live8.
Maybe I'm horrible, but I don't care about Africa. I've seen countless documentaries in which the Africans have said they won't use condoms "because of the sound they make". I'm sorry, but my money will never help vicious uncivilized maniacs spread disease.

And in regards to the "leaps and bounds" in Cancer, that is not sufficient. I've had two people close to my family die from it just this week and another rediagnosed yet I've never known anyone stupid enough in my life to contract AIDS. Go figure.

BozuSugoi said:
the treatment for cancer these days is 9 times out of 10 (depending on stage of detection) is far superior than that of HIV.
Someone is unfamiliar with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and other varients which can only be beaten into recession, but will continue to come back stronger. NHL will kill you once you have contracted it, but hey, you may as well live in constant pain until that day arrives.

Galen said:
Someone is unfamiliar with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and other varients which can only be beaten into recession, but will continue to come back stronger. NHL will kill you once you have contracted it, but hey, you may as well live in constant pain until that day arrives.
Actually one of my favorite people in the world died for NHL. But that is besides the point. I do find it funny that we are arguing about which is worse. WHy can't we cure both? I see no reason to sit here in argue about which to do first and which kills more and which affects us more directly and so on and so on. Grab your check book and write a tax deductible contirbution to both foundations and be done with it.

Or better yet go become a researcher and find the cure yourself.

Galen said:
There are many more like NHL, that you don't hear about.

Seems like only lung and breast cancer get all the awareness, and lung cancer is more than likely caused by stupidity (smoking) than anything else.

ChikkenNoodul said:
There are many more like NHL, that you don't hear about.

Seems like only lung and breast cancer get all the awareness, and lung cancer is more than likely caused by stupidity (smoking) than anything else.
Exactly, and that's my point

fly said:
I really hope you're smarter than that dude. :heart:
I wish I could feel otherwise, but with the amount of help we're giving them (education, contraception etc.) they're having none of it. It's a help me to help you situation and as always man is only interested in his primal instincts

JJ Lady said:
Actually one of my favorite people in the world died for NHL. But that is besides the point. I do find it funny that we are arguing about which is worse. WHy can't we cure both? I see no reason to sit here in argue about which to do first and which kills more and which affects us more directly and so on and so on. Grab your check book and write a tax deductible contirbution to both foundations and be done with it.

Or better yet go become a researcher and find the cure yourself.
We have an amazing cancer research department here in Ireland which I would happily donate to. Research science is a dead-end road unless you have unlimited funds and backing and has never appealed to me. I wanted to help people, not waste money.
To me, one is worse than the other. Forms of Cancer has taken many, many people close to me including my own mother. I don't think it should be grouped and funded like HIV/AIDS and there are many more HO's and SHO's that would agree with me.

Galen said:
I wish I could feel otherwise, but with the amount of help we're giving them (education, contraception etc.) they're having none of it. It's a help me to help you situation and as always man is only interested in his primal instincts
I would be willing to bet if they aren't using them, its more for religious reasons or lack of education. If you were an African, and some white man showed up and told you to put this 'thing' on your penis, would you?

fly said:
I would be willing to bet if they aren't using them, its more for religious reasons or lack of education. If you were an African, and some white man showed up and told you to put this 'thing' on your penis, would you?

Is he a good looking white man?

Galen said:
We have an amazing cancer research department here in Ireland which I would happily donate to. Research science is a dead-end road unless you have unlimited funds and backing and has never appealed to me. I wanted to help people, not waste money.
To me, one is worse than the other. Forms of Cancer has taken many, many people close to me including my own mother. I don't think it should be grouped and funded like HIV/AIDS and there are many more HO's and SHO's that would agree with me.

Without research, doctors and aspiring doctors much like yourself would be out of jobs, because there would be no information or drugs to relay to you arrogant moneygrabbers to treat your patients and look like heroes.

AIDS and Cancer are in two completely different ballparks. Both, in my mind, are equally as important to research. Most people in this world know of at least one person who has been affected by one or the other. In my case, both. My cousin died of cancer 3 weeks after he was diagnosed. I know plenty of people with HIV and at least one who died of full blown AIDS. Both boil my blood and cause me to lose sleep at night, every night. That's why I'm doing my best to fight it where I can.

fly said:
Many missionaries have gone to Africa to preach the Christian/Catholic methodology, and have in some extreme cases told the Africans that they would contract AIDS by simply WEARING a condom. Which would you have, sin against controlling a wild population or preventing a serious disease where you can easily infect others without proper education?