Just out of curiosity...

$750 for the chance to be injected with deadish HIV? SURE!!! What the hell. You only live once.

No.

wr3kt said:
$750 for the chance to be injected with deadish HIV? SURE!!! What the hell. You only live once.

No.

they fabricate the dna associated with the hiv virus in the lab. it's not from hiv or dead hiv. it's a snippet of dna that will hopefully elicit an immune response. it's being paid $750 to help with AIDS research.

BigDov said:
But seriously, if I don't have the desktop real estate for the 2405, would the 2005FPW be adequate for casual computing, working from home, the occasional gaming and movie watching??

I'm fairly new to what's cool and what's not in lcd's, but that one (the 2005) just kinda caught my eye......

i have the 2005, had a thread around here somewhere about it

fly said:
explain?

Even if we do already know it, it is normal for tests to be repeated MANY times, no?
I'm biased. I'd rather see more research and money go into Cancer and related fields than HIV/AIDS, which is always a "hot topic" for students. There are more pressing matters. Same as I don't like to see money going to smokers/alcoholics etc.

Galen said:
I'm biased. I'd rather see more research and money go into Cancer and related fields than HIV/AIDS, which is always a "hot topic" for students. There are more pressing matters. Same as I don't like to see money going to smokers/alcoholics etc.

I can see where you are coming from, but unfortunately there are lots of children born with HIV from no fault of their own and I do feel we should try to find ways to cure them.

kiwi said:
I can see where you are coming from, but unfortunately there are lots of children born with HIV from no fault of their own and I do feel we should try to find ways to cure them.
True, but 1 in 3 people now develop cancer and the amount of children being born with contracted HIV is what... 1 in 800?
They have medication to keep them alive. Many many cancer sufferers do not.

Galen said:
True, but 1 in 3 people now develop cancer and the amount of children being born with contracted HIV is what... 1 in 800?
They have medication to keep them alive. Many many cancer sufferers do not.
the treatment for cancer these days is 9 times out of 10 (depending on stage of detection) is far superior than that of HIV.

Galen said:
Good point. I'm pretty much out of the target zone for AIDS, so lets do cancer!

Galen said:
Being a human and medical scientist student, I was completly oblivious to that fact. Thanks for clearing that up!
and yet you failed to do your homework on current cancer therapy and glossed over the leaps and bounds in advancement made in that field in comparison to the baby steps made clinically for HIV and AIDS.

aids affects more of the world than cancer, in a word: Africa.