Just ordered a new work PC with Windows 7

We still have XP with IE 6

us too, but the ie6 thing is largely a fight between our operating companies IT department and our home office in germany. home office wants to roll it out but they want an approved site list first or something, our operating companies IT department is telling them to get it themselves since ultimately they gotta approve it anyways or something... they know what they're doing, but it's caught up on some paperwork BS.

i don't think any major corporation ever planned on upgrading to vista... now that win7 is here everyone has their eyes open and are making rough plans to at least start moving in that general direction.

i5 is a way better deal and barely any slower. I doubt you could tell the difference side by side

I bought one of those, is very nice. Still waiting for graphics card though so havent been able to play any games on it. The price on the p55 chipsets is comparable to any of amd's stuff >.>

XP at my work. I've been playing with windows 7 and it's not bad. Way better than Vista without a doubt. We won't even consider Windows 7 at my work until all the standard graphic design, web development, Computer Animation, and Rendering software is totally compatible and working with out any glitches. So I give us a year or so.

I bought one of those, is very nice. Still waiting for graphics card though so havent been able to play any games on it. The price on the p55 chipsets is comparable to any of amd's stuff >.>

I would rather buy amd to support the competition but they are getting blown out of the silicon these days, unfortunately

XP at my work. I've been playing with windows 7 and it's not bad. Way better than Vista without a doubt. We won't even consider Windows 7 at my work until all the standard graphic design, web development, Computer Animation, and Rendering software is totally compatible and working with out any glitches. So I give us a year or so.

our rule of thumb is wait til the first service pack

just got a new laptop here at work (Dell E6500) that has a free upgrade from Vista Business x64 to Win7 Pro x64, or whatever the equivalent is, and I think I'll be the first person in the company with the new OS.

Kinda scared about that.

OS X at one job and XP at the other. I had to set up a new laptop for this lady today It was on Vista 64. I was ready to smash it in the face before I could even get her email set up on it.