Just imagine...

S

smileynev

Guest
...living back then http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/archaeology/king_stonehenge_01.shtml

Its a long read, but its interesting to think of how they lived their lives. Was it like in the fantasy stories/games that we read and play today? Its hard to even put yourself in the position of one of those men, to grow up in such a small world. Were they brothers, or father and son? Did they fight for the people around them? Were they heroes of their time?
 
S

smileynev

Guest
ChikkenNoodul said:
Sometimes, I'd love to live in that age, when everything was still wild and green and free
Yeah, but you'd be dead by 40, old by 30, and the chicks didn't shave. But it would be amazing to live in a world where your every action was important for your survival.
 

Baron Von Awesome

Flaccid Member
Oct 15, 2004
158
0
0
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
Pancake Wagon said:
...living back then http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/archaeology/king_stonehenge_01.shtml

Its a long read, but its interesting to think of how they lived their lives. Was it like in the fantasy stories/games that we read and play today? Its hard to even put yourself in the position of one of those men, to grow up in such a small world. Were they brothers, or father and son? Did they fight for the people around them? Were they heroes of their time?
I think about this almost daily.

*looks at D&D books on desk*

:hs:
 

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
47,726
205
41
48
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
Pancake Wagon said:
Yeah, but you'd be dead by 40, old by 30, and the chicks didn't shave. But it would be amazing to live in a world where your every action was important for your survival.
But every single day of those 40 years would be something to talk about, not:

"I got up, I drove to work, I left work, I ate dinner, I slept"
 
S

smileynev

Guest
Baron Von Awesome said:
I think about this almost daily.

*looks at D&D books on desk*

:hs:
yeah, but in D&D you get healing spells and monsters to slay. In ancient Europe you developed knee cheese and had to hunt for survival.
 
S

smileynev

Guest
ChikkenNoodul said:
But every single day of those 40 years would be something to talk about, not:

"I got up, I drove to work, I left work, I ate dinner, I slept"
True, true. The grass is always greener. Iksby the mighty would probably say the same thing about his time compared to now. "You mean I get to sit down somewhere in front of a glowing box for 8 hours, come home in a magical horse, and watch football while drinking beer????"
 
S

smileynev

Guest
NeedMoreEmo said:
Woah, a time long before your country was invented huh? You guys wouldn't cope without Starbucks.
A time long before your country existed.
 
S

smileynev

Guest
Forrest Dump said:
Ahh..to live in the days when men were men and the sheep were nervous. The world was your toilet and TP was just a pinecone away.
Toilet paper would be greatly missed. So would mass communication, electricity, light, and fast food.
 
I

ieyeasu

Guest
ChikkenNoodul said:
But every single day of those 40 years would be something to talk about, not:

"I got up, I drove to work, I left work, I ate dinner, I slept"
I'm sure they thought much the same.

"Killed a bear, killed the guy down the street, beat my wench...drank mead. Same old, same old."
 

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
47,726
205
41
48
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
Pancake Wagon said:
True, true. The grass is always greener. Iksby the mighty would probably say the same thing about his time compared to now. "You mean I get to sit down somewhere in front of a glowing box for 8 hours, come home in a magical horse, and watch football while drinking beer????"
Drinking mead for breakfast was socially acceptable back then.

But yeah, you're right - the grass is always greener strikes again.