Just had a scary meeting

Drool-Boy said:
I was disassembling a section of the hardware to grind a bare spot for electrical conductivity, and none of the fasteners I removed had locktite on them.
were talking about a subject station on a centrifuge that will be rotating at 40 rpm. No locktite>bolts vibrate loose>person flies off subject station at 40 rpm>big fucking mess.

well shouldnt they be spanking a few assemblers, an engineer or two and an inspector for using the loctite as lube instead of doing things right

Drool-Boy said:
I was disassembling a section of the hardware to grind a bare spot for electrical conductivity, and none of the fasteners I removed had locktite on them.
were talking about a subject station on a centrifuge that will be rotating at 40 rpm. No locktite>bolts vibrate loose>person flies off subject station at 40 rpm>big fucking mess.
Mmmmm humanburger

thrawn said:
well shouldnt they be spanking a few assemblers, an engineer or two and an inspector for using the loctite as lube instead of doing things right

That would make sense wouldnt it?
O shit, I work in a govt facility tho, so logic need not apply

Drool-Boy said:

and are we talking 565, 572, 577...not that i know what loctite is... :shady:

Drool-Boy said:

We don't care about safety. All we care about is covering our asses. :tard:

Drool-Boy said:
OW
and now Ive just hit my finger with a hammer:mad:
IM HAVING A GREAT DAY EVERBODYS!!1

Here is a chick with big boobies to cheer you up.
:heart:

252520-DSC00042.jpg

Drool-Boy said:
OW
and now Ive just hit my finger with a hammer:mad:
IM HAVING A GREAT DAY EVERBODYS!!1

...I'm sure you're strong enough to use just your fingers to push the buttons on the keyboard without using a hammer..

I watched a show on TLC about a plane that crashed.

There was a NZ couple who's son was aboard the plane and got sucked out of the plane and died. I don't think they ever found his remains.

The couple basicaly went on a 4 year long journy to find the cause of this. It turns out there was a faulty connection on the cargo door and it would automaticaly come open during flight. It was also something very simple to fix. But the company refused to fix it for several years. The couple faught and faught and got no where.

Finaly after several years of fighting a plane was sitting on the tarmac in front of everyone and the door just popped oepn for no reason and the FIA people saw.

The moral of the story is, companies are jackasses. They will let nothing stand in their way of a profit. The airline company figured the 200 lives every 4 years was negligable compared to the millions of dollars they would lose in down time to fix their planes.

But this is also why you need to speak up. Because if you don't, who will?

crazymike said:
I watched a show on TLC about a plane that crashed.

There was a NZ couple who's son was aboard the plane and got sucked out of the plane and died. I don't think they ever found his remains.

The couple basicaly went on a 4 year long journy to find the cause of this. It turns out there was a faulty connection on the cargo door and it would automaticaly come open during flight. It was also something very simple to fix. But the company refused to fix it for several years. The couple faught and faught and got no where.

Finaly after several years of fighting a plane was sitting on the tarmac in front of everyone and the door just popped oepn for no reason and the FIA people saw.

The moral of the story is, companies are jackasses. They will let nothing stand in their way of a profit. The airline company figured the 200 lives every 4 years was negligable compared to the millions of dollars they would lose in down time to fix their planes.

But this is also why you need to speak up. Because if you don't, who will?
You don't get sucked out of airplanes with pressurized cabins. You're blown out by the air pressure during the equalization process.