Just finished "reading" The Dark Tower

Langoliers

His books of short stories are normally good. They are too short for him to ramble on 20 pages about something totally not related to anything.

it's been sooooo long since i read the four ( i was in middle school!) i need to go back and read them again. my book list is sooooooooo long already i don't feel it's a well-spent time to go read things again until i've caught up on the new stuff, even though i don't remember half the stuff i've read. right now my list is about six pages long.

sigh. i love reading.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I loved 'The Mist', from one of those compilations - I think it was Monkeyshines, but I'm not sure...

that might've been the other one i've been trying to think of...i was really in to king in middle school. that was eons ago, and i've forgotten a lot. :( how many books does he have out now? i'm sure it's in the millions.

Thorn Bird said:
that might've been the other one i've been trying to think of...i was really in to king in middle school. that was eons ago, and i've forgotten a lot. :( how many books does he have out now? i'm sure it's in the millions.
God knows, I started reading them towards the end of 2nd grade and by 6th I had read almost everything he had put out. Didn't read much released after that point :p although I did re-read a few during high school.

ChikkenNoodul said:
God knows, I started reading them towards the end of 2nd grade and by 6th I had read almost everything he had put out. Didn't read much released after that point :p although I did re-read a few during high school.
King in 2nd grade. That explains a lot... :fly:

He's had great sucess making his short stories into movies.

They include
- Apt Pupil
- Boogeyman
- Cat's Eye (a few stories from Night Shift)
- Children of the Corn
- Creepshow
- Graveyard Shift
- Langoliers
- Lawnmower Man
- Mangler
- Maximum Overdrive
- Night Flier
- Revelations of 'Becka Paulson
- Running Man
- Secret Window
- Shawshank Redemption
- Silver Bullet
- Sometimes They Come Back
- Stand by Me
- Trucks

And that's just the short stories. He's made lot of the full length books into movies and wrote tons of screenplays. Makes you wonder why he even bothers to write anymore.

b_sinning said:
And that's just the short stories. He's made lot of the full length books into movies and wrote tons of screenplays. Makes you wonder why he even bothers to write anymore.
What is that mental disease that makes you write constantly? The Unibomber had it...

fly said:
Can I borrow the body?

You have to fill out the proper forms, and there is the small matter of a security deposit to be arranged...

ChikkenNoodul said:
Better make sure he puts down a security deposit, they usually come back without skin and torn holes...

...um, on second thought, no :eek:

:fly:

The Dark Tower series was alright. I felt like it kind of sucked in the end though. Book 1 was kind of boring. Book 2 rocked, book 3 rocked even more, book 4 was good but a little less awesome, book 5 rocked for the most part, book 6 was kind of OK, and then book 7 was a big let down. Of course, I started reading the series 10 years ago, its kind of hard ot meet those kinds of expectations. Had I just read all of them for the first time, I might have enjoyed it more.