Movie Just came from a Screener for Sucker Punch

Onnotangu

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
Detroit, MI USA
Marklar
₥0
A buddy of mine was nice enough to score screener passes to see this Film.

If you are or have a teenage girl or like watching teenage girls prance around in corsets and high heels while firing weapons into safe monsters (Steampunk Nazi zombies, Orcs, Dragons, and Robots) then you will love this movie. if you want to feel empowered as a Woman about all the ass girls can kick while looking good or suffering through some inner turmoil or both, then you will like this movie.

If you just want to jerk it to teenage girls in corsets kicking ass and monsters and the rampant over use of Bullet time and every clichéd action routine one could possibly turn into a video game,
yeah you guessed it
You will like this movie.

Me..I felt old and confused and a little like a pedo for watching this Zack Snyder wankfest. Not to say I don't like see shoot outs with steampunk nazi zombies and other various fantasy/scify baddies like the next geek. But it just felt like I was watching all men get the the "Men are all scum and only girls can be good" line hammered into me over and over and over again.

liked rango
didn't like adjustment bearu
loved the pirates of the carribean movies.
all time favorite movie would be ten commandments for scale acting and general awesome(for it's time)

Wait a minute, you liked all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies? You are the first person I've met who liked the 3rd one. Can you explain it to me? I was so confused and found it so hard to pay attention to and beyond ludicrous. Dan and I started laughing at inappropriate moments. So, seriously, can you give a good synopsis of that plot?

Wait a minute, you liked all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies? You are the first person I've met who liked the 3rd one. Can you explain it to me? I was so confused and found it so hard to pay attention to and beyond ludicrous. Dan and I started laughing at inappropriate moments. So, seriously, can you give a good synopsis of that plot?

sparrow was dead or in limbo. something to that effect. "in davy jones' locker". they figured out how to cross over to the other side on their ship and went and rescued him. then they had a showdown of good guys, somewhere in the middle guys and bad guys. la fin

Last edited:

Short answer Yes. I liked them for what they were light hearted actiony fun. pure disney. I did not expect anything more that that.

and Shirley covered the whole thing very well.

Last edited:

“Like his porcelain heroine, anyone who willingly spends $13 for a ticket to this smut is willfully lobotomizing themselves. No matter how bad you are expecting this film to be, ‘you will be unprepared.’” — Leslie Stonebraker, The New York Press

fuu, i was hoping to go in there with no expectations and be happy with the mindless nature of it.

Movies target audience are real people, not critics who are pissed off they failed in the movie bizz.

Imdbs reviews are a much better gauge but you have to wait until after its released to the general population.