Just attended the Cleveland Auto Show

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
http://clevelandautoshow.com/

Observations:

-The Suzuki SX4 is an unexpectedly impressive car. Great value for the money.

- Speaking about value, the fact I can get a Honda that is better equipped and roomier and peppier with better gas mileage for $500 CHEAPER than the cheapest Hyundai scares me. For some reason Kia's and Hyundai's in the low end are too expensive compared to the low end of Toyota and Honda, superior car makers.

-Speaking about the cheapest Honda models, I am in love with the Fit. Great fit and finish (ignore the pun), decent level of equipment, high safety ratings, great gas mileage, awesome seating arrangements, roomy, great driving position, slick shifter. Just didn't have as many cute cubby bins that a Corolla or Yaris has, which was a bit disappointing. But for $14K, you can do much MUCH worse.

- Domestics still blow minds with mediocrity. It is very sad when a 60-something year old looks at a Buick, gets disgusted, then looks interested in a Subaru.

- It's a good thing the Audi R8 concept is midengined. The front wheels are almost as far back as the windshield.

- Scion appears to be trying too hard now. TWO magazines, a sales brochure, and a CD for 3 models; of which 2 were not there because they are getting redesigned.

- Cleveland Auto Show = dealer lot without dealers. Very few true concept cars, just cars that are going to be release in 1 to 2 years.

- Pontiac G8 hotness. Of course GM had to go outside GM (more or less) to get a good car, kinda like going to Toyota to get the Vibe.

- Saturn doesn't even apologize for blatently copy and pasting European cars into their nameplate. The new Saturn Astra. They didn't change the name, they didn't change the car one bit. They just certified two engines for DOT acceptability and then put a Saturn badge on the front. The sales people even stated "Built in Europe, Europe-inspired styling and handling". Well no shit.

- The new Camaro concept doesn't look nearly as good IRL as it does in the press release pics. <fixed for Ape :heart: >

- The Volvo C30 doesn't look nearly as bad IRL as it does on press releases.

- Volvo has the shittiest interior designers. Make a thin center console, good. Make protrusions behind the thin console to take up the space, bad. I am 5'9" and I hit my head on the roof in the rear seats and my knees were touching the front seatbacks. Are you kidding me? This is the chassis that is the same with European Ford Focus and Mazda3, which have much more interior room. Also what's the point of the large trunk when the opening to hit is so small? And I didn't even get into blind spots on that car....

- They need to bring the new Lancer and Evo here. NOW.

- Porsche interiors are stunningly useful and comfortable. Not nearly as intimidating or menacing as their track performance numbers are. The Cayman is gorgeous and looks almost useful.

- Dodge Caliber, named the prettiest ugly car ever. Awful, just awful. A trick glovebox does not make up for the useless interior, lame exterior, and unusability of the ridiculous amount of space the "car" takes up. I would say "Nice try Dodge" but no it wasn't.

- Lebron Jame's tricked out Rolls is an abomination of all that is humane.

- You can store a dead body in the trunk of a Mustang.

- You can raise and lower a Miata soft top with one hand. The salesperson was very surprised and impressed when I performed the stunt for him.

- Chimney is too small to drive a Pontiac Solstice. I guess that means more for me ;)

- Mercedes looks like GM. They have way too many models. They are in too many markets. And wtf is the R-class all about?

- Who's brilliant idea was it to have a BMW stand and not have one manual transmission on display? That person should be shot.

Just a side note, I can't wait until the new EPA regulations come out next year so at that show, people can look at the Prius and then look away because the gas mileage is the only saving grace on that abomination of a car.

Just to make sure this thread gets posted, I (the OP) would like to open a discussion on cars in general and/or about this show and my findings. This will get around the announcement that some hot FL guy made and I can still call FlyNavy a fag for lusting mullet mobiles.

:heart:

Cliffs upon request.

Last edited:
It's Camaro*

Also, you're lucky bitch. Is it Cleveland or Chicago that has one of the largest car shows?

:lol: @ Lebron James

It's Camaro*

Also, you're lucky bitch. Is it Cleveland or Chicago that has one of the largest car shows?

:lol: @ Lebron James

Well Cleveland's is in the largest exposition center in the world (whatever that is). It is really big, that I know. I don't know if it is the biggest, however. I have been to the chicago show and there are more people at that one.

One more note from the show. Nissan is the suck.

Honestly, the new stuff they have is just crap. Terrible fit and finish. Useless level of equipment. Terrible look and feel.

VW has some of the largest seams/gaps in their body panels out of any car. This does not look or bode well for them. What else can't they measure properly?

Hey man, thanks for posting all those great pics, they're totally sweet and awesome to look at.

Hey man, thanks for posting all those great pics, they're totally sweet and awesome to look at.

I don't take pics at auto shows because they are too many people and they keep getting in the way of the shot. And like I said, the Cleveland show sucks when it comes to concept cars, so you are just better off going ot the manufacturer's sites for your pics.