Just another day, part 2

BigDov said:
FCAL is in the dark ages?? What should they be using? I know that on some systems they're switching to S-ATA soon too. :confused:

I'm only asking because I don't work with storage much around here........
Not the hardware itself, but the way the OS is set up to communicate with it. Having to tell the system which ports on a storage device it can 'see' and which LUN's it can 'see' is even crappier than Windows.
 

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
103,114
37,793
1,823
Houston
BigDov said:
I'm not quick at all....... in your quest to keep me from finding out about you, and me perpetuating whatever weirdness it is that I've got going on for your benefit, I'm just at a loss to really understand you sometimes. Just the way you like it I'm sure :)
Yes, exactly. Let's keep it that way.
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
50
close to Seattle
ChikkenNoodul said:
Not the hardware itself, but the way the OS is set up to communicate with it. Having to tell the system which ports on a storage device it can 'see' and which LUN's it can 'see' is even crappier than Windows.

Oh, now I get it. Hmm...... I hear they're working on getting rid of stupid shit like that in the next release of Solaris, but I honestly couldn't tell you if they pulled it off or not.
 
BigDov said:
Oh, now I get it. Hmm...... I hear they're working on getting rid of stupid shit like that in the next release of Solaris, but I honestly couldn't tell you if they pulled it off or not.
Yeah, I know they're supposedly working on it.

It'll be nice when it's fixed, but for now I still harbour many bad feelings for many a loooooooong night with systems down wading through config files trying to find problems. :D
 

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
9,646
3
41
50
close to Seattle
ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, I know they're supposedly working on it.

It'll be nice when it's fixed, but for now I still harbour many bad feelings for many a loooooooong night with systems down wading through config files trying to find problems. :D


Can't say that I blame you there- hopefully you've fed back your complaints to the company??