Jumping the shark

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,709
As much as I love the show I have come to the conclusion that Survivor has jumped the shark. After watching the live finally I noticed that none on the news websites carried the results as they have done in the past. It is very sad to me to acknowledge that one of my favorite shows has jumped the shark but I guess it was only a matter of time. Has anyone else experienced a sad moment when they realized their favorite show had jumped the shark. For anyone who doesn't know what I mean when I say jumped the shark. I'm referring to any moment when a show has reached its prime and begins to do stuff to gather rating which compromised the entire show. Even though the act it attempts to reform cause the show to become a negative item in Pop Culture. I.E. Happy Days having Fonzy "Jump the shark".

Last edited:
I rememeber a seeing a show jump the shark when I was a kid. It was when Kitt got an upgrade and could now extend his bumpers out some and do super prusit.

Anytime you add a kid or have a kid on a show you've jumped the skark.

Examples:

Cosbys
Married with children
Mad about you

Or changing actors is a sign.

Like the changing Moms on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air or the changing Beckys on Rosane. At least fresh prince made a joke off of it. Also happened on I dream on jeannie.

You liked Survivor? o_O

Anyway, quite. Brings to mind the last season of That 70's Show. . . Wierd thing is though that I have never ever actually seen a TV show do it, cause I never watched or watch TV shows on TV. Never liked them until they started releasing them on DVD. Seriously who watches one new show a week for like an entire season.

They saw this coming this year thus the racial tones this year. It worked as it got people to watch but it was probably just as bad as it turned quite a few people off. Hopefully the show wont end up like ER, needs to end but for some reason is still on and pulling enough viewers to justify it. Im sorry, but for some reason after last year I can't watch it anymore. I even tried on reruns on TNT. The turn off point is right before Carter leaves the series.

Honestly, jumping the shark has jumped the shark. I've never heard that phrase so many times as in the last year. Google trends seems to disagree, but I really think it's true.

Prison Break jumped the first time Prison Break Guy looked intensely at the camera, which was the first second, and every second since, that they showed him.

I just figured floptical learned a new phrase and wanted to use it in a thread.

The simpsons peaked sometime around season 12 or 13... it didn't have a definitive moment in tv history as alot of shows do, it's just gone slowly to the wayside.

CSI jumped when they had the furry episode. Nothing has compared to that since... and now that sara and grissom of hooked up, it has just sealed the deal.

CSI: Miami jumped when they let horatio have that damn pair of sunglasses.

My wife loves to hate Horatio. He way over acts everything. Especially the time there was a bomb in this truck and he jumps in and drives it away from all the people and walks away slowly putting on his sunglasses. It blows up behind him and he never looks back but just says "Burn baby burn" as he walks away.

My wife loves to hate Horatio. He way over acts everything. Especially the time there was a bomb in this truck and he jumps in and drives it away from all the people and walks away slowly putting on his sunglasses. It blows up behind him and he never looks back but just says "Burn baby burn" as he walks away.

....A writer actually wrote that? And people actually watch it? That's the most ridiculous crap I've ever read in my entire life.