Thread July 4th weekend ('MURICA Edition)

Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥51,211
Steam
heyfubuddy
So whose doing what for the july 4th weekend? If anything?

We get both thurs & friday off here, plus Im taking wed off too, were taking the TT up to lake sam rayburn to relax with some friends. Fishing, canoeing, hiding bodies in the woods. That sort of thing.

What are you fgts doing?

(non-'muricans need not reply)

Friday morning, Little Coqui will be in the parade. After that, steaks on the grill and fireworks at night (probably do some smoke fireworks during the day)

We are hosting a 4th of July pig jig, firing up the smoker and having a hootenanny of a time with probably a dozen or so people. The town fireworks are set up like 300 feet from our house, so we have the perfect ringside seat to that.

Then after Friday is over, we're tearing up our living room floor and installing new hardwood. It'll be a swell relationship building exercise!

Then after Friday is over, we're tearing up our living room floor and installing new hardwood. It'll be a swell relationship building exercise!

One time (before the boy) we both took 2 weeks christmas vacation, and used the time to tile about half our house.
The kitchen, dining area, foyer, hallway, and laundry room.
We survived it, so can you.

We are hosting a 4th of July pig jig, firing up the smoker and having a hootenanny of a time with probably a dozen or so people. The town fireworks are set up like 300 feet from our house, so we have the perfect ringside seat to that.

how many times is valve gonna get shot with a flooring nailer?

I'm heading to NC with a couple friends. Spending 2-4th in Raleigh Durham, and then the 5-7th either in Beaufort in a nice little beach condo, or if tropical storm arthur decides to fuck us, we'll do a cabin in ashville.

Either way, a good few days ahead.

We leave wed night to spend Thursday and Saturday at legoland with the fourth being celebrated on the beach.

We leave wed night to spend Thursday and Saturday at legoland with the fourth being celebrated on the beach.
ok. Until like two months ago, I didnt even know there was a legoland outside denmark or sweden or whatever. Now i know theres two in the US.

However, what i still cant comprehend, is exactly what legoland is. What goes on there, what is there, what is it...

ok. Until like two months ago, I didnt even know there was a legoland outside denmark or sweden or whatever. Now i know theres two in the US.

However, what i still cant comprehend, is exactly what legoland is. What goes on there, what is there, what is it...
There is one in Orlando and I don't get it either. All the kids here go freaking nuts over it.

I don't get it either. Lego's used to be a big box of mixed bricks that your parents paid $5 to $10 buck a box for and you just made up your own shit with them.

Then lego sets came out with specific parts for specific things, but still general. and still cheap.

now, the only legos you can find are $60 to $300 specific sets that really focus on you building 1 thing, which made it more popular (how the fuck), with an entire series of Lego video games based on popular movies or franchises, a lego movie that was a fucking blockbuster, and now a park where almost everything including the rides are made out of some kind of lego...

Boggles the fucking mind.

what happens at legoland though? Is there stories with legos now? Or characters?

Beyond "blue space man" or "pirate" i mean.

Legos were all about imagination when i was a kid, and there was no universal theme.

It's a theme park made of legos. They have rides and movies and such like Disneyland. They have a huge waterpark with slides and stuff that we are doing Saturday that I'm really looking forward too.

what happens at legoland though? Is there stories with legos now? Or characters?

Beyond "blue space man" or "pirate" i mean.

Legos were all about imagination when i was a kid, and there was no universal theme.
Oh yes, they have movies and tv shows and all sorts of stuff. My kids are very into Ninjago and Chimas now have their own show as well. Plus of course all the video games based off things like Indiana Jones or Star Wars.