WTF Juan Williams fired from National Pubic Radio

lovely, there's an election two weeks away and we give a fuck about some no-name yappers on the radio of all places

maybe if they were tv personalities where people besides the lame-os that don't listen to music while they're driving would actually know who they are I might consider it worthy of arguing time but this? no one knows who the fuck these people are besides jackwagons that are so far up their own ass they actually argue politics on the internet

You know how it works. Remember the mosque idea in NY that everyone loved up until about 6 months ago?

The thing that everyone is missing is that Areolatardar is sticking up for an NPR employee to make his point about hating muslims.

And the reason why it was a bad thing to say, was because what he said is establishing or justifying fear from listeners that are completely false and unwarranted. That wasn't the point of free speech and it is definitely violating other's civil liberties.

And the reason why it was a bad thing to say, was because what he said is establishing or justifying fear from listeners that are completely false and unwarranted. That wasn't the point of free speech and it is definitely violating other's civil liberties.

WHOA, PUMP THE BRAKES

So by hearing it, you personally are now more afraid of Muslims? And additionally, you think what he said is unconstitutional???

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it" -Voltaire

The thing that everyone is missing is that Areolatardar is sticking up for an NPR employee to make his point about hating muslims.

My point has nothing to do with hatred, Zac. But why am I not surprised about you or most other members on this board calling me a racist. :rolleyes:

The difference with Juan Williams and most people, is he admits a certain nervousness instead of channeling it into a false tolerance or a serious hatred. If you've read or heard him on NPR, he's very far from a bigoted guy. His statement isn't much different form Jesse Jackson saying something to the effect of "he's more scared to be approached by blacks at night than whites". Let's be honest here.

Why wasn't Nina Totenberg fired for this lovely statement. Could it be that the target was hated by the left instead of a politically correct group? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
My point has nothing to do with hatred, Zac. But why am I not surprised about you or most other members on this board calling me a racist. :rolleyes:

The difference with Juan Williams and most people, is he admits a certain nervousness instead of channeling it into a false tolerance or a serious hatred. If you've read or heard him on NPR, he's very far from a bigoted guy. His statement isn't much different form Jesse Jackson saying something to the effect of "he's more scared to be approached by blacks at night than whites". Let's be honest here.

Why wasn't Nina Totenberg fired for this lovely statement. Could it be that the target was hated by the left instead of a politically correct group? :rolleyes:

yay, straw man argument! Knock em down buddy!

Lets get back to you not hating muslims. I hope I'm wrong, but you CERTAINLY come across as someone who blames the entire Muslim faith for what happened on 9/11. We can only draw opinions about you based on what you post, so there is a good reason why everyone thinks you're a racist.

Last edited:
yay, straw man argument! Knock em down buddy!

Lets get back to you not hating Muslims. I hope I'm wrong, but you CERTAINLY come across as someone who blames the entire Muslim faith for what happened on 9/11. We can only draw opinions about you based on what you post, so there is a good reason why everyone thinks you're a racist.

Then You haven't been reading my posts very well.

I have no problem with the average Muslim. I blame Osama bin Laden, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the 20 hijackers, and other within Al-Qaeda that supported the 9-11 attacks. Just as I do not condemn the average Muslim for the two Embassy bombings in Africa, the U.S.S. Cole, the Khobar Towers bombing, the first WTC bombing, or the Indonesia Bombings. I blame radical Islam.

Just as as I cannot stand the leadership of Iran, yet I have great sympathy for the the average Iranian who has had to live under two forms of brutal governments. Just as I have no love for the royal family of Saudi Arabia aka Islamic theocratic monarchy (Wahhabism) however I respect the average Saudi Arabian.

WHOA, PUMP THE BRAKES

So by hearing it, you personally are now more afraid of Muslims? And additionally, you think what he said is unconstitutional???

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it" -Voltaire

Not me personally, but you cannot deny that people will take to heart things heard by commentators/spokespeople, whatever.

Just as I have no love for the royal family of Saudi Arabia aka Islamic theocratic monarchy (Wahhabism) however I respect the average Saudi Arabian.

Which we caused.

btw, if you REALLY think that way, then you are horrible about getting that to text over the internet. You come off as a closed-minded, right wing, extremist nut job, to be brutally honest (not that I would expect you to care, just sayin...)