WTF Juan Williams fired from National Pubic Radio

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
Marklar
₥431
NPR said in a statement that Williams's remarks - including that he gets "worried" and "nervous" when he sees people dressed in Muslim-style clothing on airplanes - "were inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR."

Juan also commented, “I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I've got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.”

While I don't always agree with Juan Williams. I do however respect his integrity.

How can honest an admission undermine one's credibility? :rolleyes:

It seems there is a history of NPR administration issues with things Williams has said on FOX and in op-ed pieces. It also seems expressing an opinion on FNC or in op-ed pieces published in other outlets is a violation of NPR "journalistic standards". This has almost zero to do with what he said, but the fact he dared go on the oppositions programs. They've probably been looking for an excuse and the honest, if not exactly PC, personal opinion he expressed was just enough for their lame "standards".

Juan should have seen this coming....I've always wondered how he got away with being a guest on Fox shows and Sean Blannity's radio show so often.

When we went on our NYC trip, both of our 'non-white' friends were searched going through the airport.

One said he gets "randomly searched" every time. :lol: Randomly. lololol

That's BS ODS. How many times do you unconciously see a 'Christian' acting shady and think 'omg bomb terrist'? :lol:

I usually don't see much when I'm unconscious..

I've never thought "omg terrorist" when I see a Muslim no matter how they are acting.

There is much more reason to worry about the average American then a Muslim terrorist.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person