John Travolta is good!

crazymike said:
what antics?
buzzing suburban New Jersey at less than 1000 feet in a 4 engine jumbo jet because he was looking for a suitable place to build a house (pre-sept 11) is one of the more famous ones

When he moved to Ocala FL, I heard more stories of his unsafe flying habits in and out of that private strip from flying instructors in the area. For example, while in his Gulfstream jet in bad weather he apparantly flew a self-designed GPS approach into an airfield that doesn't have an instrument approach. That's about the stupidest thing you can do in instrument conditions (weather conditions the preclude the ability to see where the hell you're going by looking out the windows).

Viremia said:
buzzing suburban New Jersey at less than 1000 feet in a 4 engine jumbo jet because he was looking for a suitable place to build a house (pre-sept 11) is one of the more famous ones

When he moved to Ocala FL, I heard more stories of his unsafe flying habits in and out of that private strip from flying instructors in the area. For example, while in his Gulfstream jet in bad weather he apparantly flew a self-designed GPS approach into an airfield that doesn't have an instrument approach. That's about the stupidest thing you can do in instrument conditions (weather conditions the preclude the ability to see where the hell you're going by looking out the windows).

he sounds like a winner :p

I want to get my pilots licence, but at the moment I can't afford lessons.

crazymike said:
he sounds like a winner :p

I want to get my pilots licence, but at the moment I can't afford lessons.
It ain't cheap, but it's well worth it. I had to wait until after college, grad school, and several years of postdoctoral training until I could afford it and that was only because I got an inheritance which helped pay for part of it.