John Kerry

You don't? $250 million dollar bridge to nowhere? Welfare recipients popping out kids to get bigger checks? Illegals given driver's licenses and medicare cards? Schools building olympic sized swimming pools instead of buying new textbooks? Do you honestly believe that the government spends our money wisely?
Technically only the bridge example is federal taxes. The rest are specific to location. NY you have to have 3 different forms of ID to get a DL, obviously not the case in CA. School spending is not earmarked, they get money and the school board spends it; so it varies by township. "Welfare" doesnt exist per se on the federal level anymore, SSA is a larger pain in the ass. Section 8 is also a very crappy deal.

You don't? $250 million dollar bridge to nowhere? Welfare recipients popping out kids to get bigger checks? Illegals given driver's licenses and medicare cards? Schools building olympic sized swimming pools instead of buying new textbooks? Do you honestly believe that the government spends our money wisely?

I feel privileged to live in a country like ours. Can you honestly expect humans to run a country so perfectly that it would make you happy on how they spent the money. Meh. So uptight.

Oh ya. I went there.

I don't expect things to be perfect or that all of the people will be pleased all of the time. I just want people to think. :)

Remember to vote on Tuesday. This goes for everyone. I don't care who you vote for just research your candidates and vote your conscience. :cool:

I don't expect things to be perfect or that all of the people will be pleased all of the time. I just want people to think. :)

Remember to vote on Tuesday. This goes for everyone. I don't care who you vote for just research your candidates and vote your conscience. :cool:

I sent off my absentee ballot 2 weeks ago. My university, conveniently, offers a free notary for the students. The same lady notarized my 2004 absentee ballot and recognized me when I came in for today's (I'm a registered independent so I don't vote in primaries). I wondered how she could possibly recognize me, she hasn't seen me for 2 years. She replied that there was only one other person besides me that came in to have an absentee ballot notarized. Of course, there are other notary publics, but that basically tells me no one on my campus cares to vote or they drive hours and hours on Tuesday to vote at their assigned polling station.

It really is saddening.

I sent off my absentee ballot 2 weeks ago. My university, conveniently, offers a free notary for the students. The same lady notarized my 2004 absentee ballot and recognized me when I came in for today's (I'm a registered independent so I don't vote in primaries). I wondered how she could possibly recognize me, she hasn't seen me for 2 years. She replied that there was only one other person besides me that came in to have an absentee ballot notarized. Of course, there are other notary publics, but that basically tells me no one on my campus cares to vote or they drive hours and hours on Tuesday to vote at their assigned polling station.

It really is saddening.

agreed

I wish www.votergasm.com was still active, I'd be using it to encourage people to vote.

You're expecting a lot of out typical people.

I did vote already... and unlike my counter-part I did some research on the people. :p

What if my conscience is telling me that I shouldn't vote?

You're expecting a lot of out typical people.

I did vote already... and unlike my counter-part I did some research on the people. :p

I don't think I'm expecting a lot, just that people exercise one of the most important rights we have.
What if my conscience is telling me that I shouldn't vote?

Those that don't vote have no right to bitch.

65454bb7eb2b829.jpg