Pics Jew Yankme Workshop Jr

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,289
Steam
mattressfish
So I hated our TV stand. The center channel was too big to fit right under the TV, it had a lot of wasted space, and was wide open so wires were everywhere. We looked at Ikea and couldn't find anything cheap. So I decided that I would build one. Total cost for lumber and stuff was <$200.

Probably the best part was that since this was my biggest project yet, I made quite a few mistakes. Hopefully I won't repeat them. I was able to 'fix' most of them. The rest I don't think anyone other than me will notice.

So, it started with this SketchUp design:
x3lSz.png

And some birch plywood (I think I wish I would have selected oak plywood, but oh well)
1XQ3U.jpg

I hated that our old stand was so hard to move. This one now has wheels :happy:
kY9Yr.jpg

This is a box:
WDxBV.jpg

This is things coming together:
55KLI.jpg

This is me thinking that staining it before putting it together was a good idea.
GIgZi.jpg

G9zxZ.jpg

Now comes the oak trimmings to hide the plywood!
cySnH.jpg

Now comes the realization that I used pocket screws and to flush the plugs to the wood requires me to fuck up my stain job!
LNnzL.jpg

All better, sorta
WsrNw.jpg

Installed
Gvcex.jpg

Bit of a learning curve for sure. But in my case it was well worth it, because I was able to immediately spot some sh*t that wouldn't work. There is also a neat plugin for it that will do the most efficient cut list for ya.

Ill give it a go then. I think I have a full install of it sitting on the hdd at home.