Pics Jew Yankme Workshop Jr

Seriously though. You can't make a table, you can't make dinner, you can't fucking do anything. This was pointed out to me in Howard Sterns interview with Larry King the other day and I found it really thought provoking.

the guy who owns the barn we're at, while he relishes his power tools, when the batteries run out, does exactly this kind of stuff. Totally knows how to do shit with no electricity. And fast. And has the tools. Like it's at his fingertips.

When I think about the doomsdayers EMP 'electric grid' warnings, I think this guy would go out to his shop (on the property), pull the chain to disconnect his Shop Garage Door Opener, push it open and pull out a couple folding chairs and a beer to relax in the peace and quiet on his farm.

The description/how to on the table...and to further answer the question, this table was made without a single screw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but the ability to use those tools does. It's a skill and one that we don't possess...
Just because you don't possess that skill doesn't mean nobody does.

The only way I do my mortise and tenon joints is with a drill, a chisel, and a Japanese pull saw.

It would be very annoying to cut a dovetail joint without a router and jig, though.

You want impressive carpentry, just look at what the Japanese do. Puts our sticks and nails to shame.

Just because you don't possess that skill doesn't mean nobody does.

The only way I do my mortise and tenon joints is with a drill, a chisel, and a Japanese pull saw.

It would be very annoying to cut a dovetail joint without a router and jig, though.

You want impressive carpentry, just look at what the Japanese do. Puts our sticks and nails to shame.

Well you're argumentative. I didn't say that no one could do it. Can't you just enjoy the video for what it was, something neat?

I used to be obsessed with hand tool skills because my workshop didn't have power.

The hardest, most time consuming part, is keeping everything sharp.

The rest is like anything else, there are a million little tricks you learn while doing it that make it a relatively simple process.

Well you're argumentative. I didn't say that no one could do it. Can't you just enjoy the video for what it was, something neat?
You're the one who went on some sort of contrite metro sexual rant...

After reviewing the vid again, I was a little disappointed to see the use of glue on the table top
If he had used pegs or wedges, it would have been a 100% adhesive free assembly which would have been about 247% more awesome.
Still cool tho.

After reviewing the vid again, I was a little disappointed to see the use of glue on the table top
If he had used pegs or wedges, it would have been a 100% adhesive free assembly which would have been about 247% more awesome.
Still cool tho.

Watch the video I linked. This was his first major wood working job ever he had done. And building a new table for $403 including the costs of the tools is pretty impressive.

EbbS1rk.gif

Still cool tho.
Maybe the glue came from a horse he boiled down himself, or however it is you make glue.