Pics Jew Yankme Workshop Jr

C4Z1j.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
OK so. I have an obsession for interior design, home improvement, and furniture redos.

So, here are a couple that I finished recently:

This hideous, 3 drawer chest is a super old, super sturdy piece that I wanted for my office. I wanted more storage & I use it for my TV.

So this is before:
Hideous & super smelly. Like your 95 year old great grandma's basement that is full of the furniture that she bought when she first got married. Like that.

7U3h5.jpg

And this is after.
After a shit ton of sanding the 456 coats of smelly laquer off. I filled in a few gouges, but otherwise, since my overall goal was to distress this piece, I left many scratches stuff to keep character. I applied primer, then 4 coats of Krylon Oxford Blue in satin. Then a finish coat of a matte clear coat. THEN I distressed it. It was important to me to distress just down to the white primer, but I got a few parts down to the wood, and it actually looks fine.

Then a coat of flat clear coat. Changed out the hardware & added the rope trim as an afterthought. I had a roll of the nautical rope sitting nearby & nailed a bit in & decided I like it, so voila.

The theme of my house is beachy/nautical and my office is no different. I painted it navy recently and I'm pretty much done with it now.

I wanted to change out the legs, too, but I still haven't found anything that I over the moon about.

lTi9V.jpg

zwskD.jpg

zwskD.jpg

Last edited:
OK so. I have an obsession for interior design, home improvement, and furniture redos.

This hideous, 3 drawer chest is a super old, super sturdy piece that I wanted for my office. I wanted more storage & I use it for my TV.

So this is before:
Hideous & super smelly. Like your 95 year old great grandma's basement that is full of the furniture that she bought when she first got married. Like that.

7U3h5.jpg

And this is after.
After a shit ton of sanding the 456 coats of smelly laquer off. I filled in a few gouges, but otherwise, since my overall goal was to distress this piece, I left many scratches stuff to keep character. I applied primer, then 4 coats of Krylon Oxford Blue in satin. Then a finish coat of a matte clear coat. THEN I distressed it. It was important to me to distress just down to the white primer, but I got a few parts down to the wood, and it actually looks fine.

Then a coat of flat clear coat. Changed out the hardware & added the rope trim as an afterthought. I had a roll of the nautical rope sitting nearby & nailed a bit in & decided I like it, so voila.

The theme of my house is beachy/nautical and my office is no different. I painted it navy recently and I'm pretty much done with it now.

I wanted to change out the legs, too, but I still haven't found anything that I over the moon about.

lTi9V.jpg

zwskD.jpg

zwskD.jpg

domon would be pissed

Well done sir! Yeah, those legs are way too small. Needs something blockier...

So this is before:

7U3h5.jpg

And this is after.

lTi9V.jpg

zwskD.jpg

zwskD.jpg

Most excellent :cool:

:eek: OMG JULEE!!!! that looks AMAZIIIING!!!

love the "rope" detail!! love love love :heart:

Isn't he mad at just about everything? He's a hateful little man.

Looks AWESOME Juli!! It's liek you're a furniture visionary. :heart:

lol! When I see stuff on Craigslist, Liam thinks I'm nuts and shouldn't be bringing "junk" into the house. Then I do stuff with it, and he shuts the f up. :fly:

We have a table that would match that perfectly. I like it!

Well done sir! Yeah, those legs are way too small. Needs something blockier...

Most excellent :cool:

Fank oooooooooooooo. I'll post my other shit when I have a chance to essplain.

RIGHT NOW. I'm needing to get ready to drive out to an auction site and pick up my winnings. Sooo excited!! This is what I got:

An old azzz model tugboat for the boy. I don't know what that "88" is for, because the auction certainly didn't start out at .88. :fly:
rVnQU.jpg

Two vintage rocking chairs that will replace my beachy director style chairs on my front porch, unsure if I will repaint, or leave rough:

ITN4O.jpg

EkUa1.jpg

Old azz bench that will go outside somewhere, or on deck:
RAc2W.jpg

Old azz bus for boy. He's going to be so excited about this one:
ALrq6.jpg

I am subscribed to local auctions via "Ebid.com" not sure if any of you are familiar. But yea, they post a few estate sales on there, and you can bid online. And this time one was close enough for me.

Last edited: