Pics Jew Yankme Workshop Jr

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥64,318
Steam
mattressfish
So I hated our TV stand. The center channel was too big to fit right under the TV, it had a lot of wasted space, and was wide open so wires were everywhere. We looked at Ikea and couldn't find anything cheap. So I decided that I would build one. Total cost for lumber and stuff was <$200.

Probably the best part was that since this was my biggest project yet, I made quite a few mistakes. Hopefully I won't repeat them. I was able to 'fix' most of them. The rest I don't think anyone other than me will notice.

So, it started with this SketchUp design:
x3lSz.png

And some birch plywood (I think I wish I would have selected oak plywood, but oh well)
1XQ3U.jpg

I hated that our old stand was so hard to move. This one now has wheels :happy:
kY9Yr.jpg

This is a box:
WDxBV.jpg

This is things coming together:
55KLI.jpg

This is me thinking that staining it before putting it together was a good idea.
GIgZi.jpg

G9zxZ.jpg

Now comes the oak trimmings to hide the plywood!
cySnH.jpg

Now comes the realization that I used pocket screws and to flush the plugs to the wood requires me to fuck up my stain job!
LNnzL.jpg

All better, sorta
WsrNw.jpg

Installed
Gvcex.jpg

Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥42,632
Steam
heyfubuddy
Bit of a learning curve for sure. But in my case it was well worth it, because I was able to immediately spot some sh*t that wouldn't work. There is also a neat plugin for it that will do the most efficient cut list for ya.

Ill give it a go then. I think I have a full install of it sitting on the hdd at home.