Ontopic Jacksonville police are all about the collateral damage.

If Chris ever robbed a bank (which he wouldn't, because he owns them) and then carjacked a vehicle to make his getaway (which he wouldn't, because he has a driver) he would let all of the witnesses go.

If Chris ever robbed a bank (which he wouldn't, because he owns them) and then carjacked a vehicle to make his getaway (which he wouldn't, because he has a driver) he would let all of the witnesses go.

clearly I'm the only one who thought that 42 rounds fired and 2 innocents shot was kinda messed up even though I'm the 2nd post in the thread and the 1st and 3rd posts state the same

He'd give them each a $100 bill for their inconvenience as well.

clearly I'm the only one who thought that 42 rounds fired and 2 innocents shot was kinda messed up even though I'm the 2nd post in the thread and the 1st and 3rd posts state the same

The difference between the police and you is that they know they're shots on a moving target wouldn't be 100% accurate so they fired more than one bullet. This goes for anyone else who said it was excessive.

The difference between the police and you is that they know they're shots on a moving target wouldn't be 100% accurate so they fired more than one bullet. This goes for anyone else who said it was excessive.

So, 42 bullets in one direction, over a span of 40 seconds, without so much as a shot back, doesn't ring up as excessive to you?

So, 42 bullets in one direction, over a span of 40 seconds, without so much as a shot back, doesn't ring up as excessive to you?

How many bullets would you fire at someone if they were driving a car right to you? (I know you think cars cannot be lethal to someone, but I assure you they can)

How many bullets would you fire at someone if they were driving a car right to you? (I know you think cars cannot be lethal to someone, but I assure you they can)

they didn't fire while he was driving "right to them"

- A pursuing officer, not identified, heard the suspect yell, "I'm going to kill you." Officials say it is not clear whether this statement was intended for Cooper or the officer.
- The same officer fired his agency-issued shotgun at the suspect, who was standing outside the car with his gun pointed at the driver.
- The suspect overpowered Cooper and forced her into the passenger seat, then began driving the car toward Baymeadows Road.
- Other officers had set up tactical positions on Baymeadows Road. As the car moved past them, two officers fired shots at the gunman.
- The car continued forward, and as it went over the top of the median, another two officers fired at the gunman as he attempted to exit the vehicle, which was still rolling to a stop.

edit: allegedly

That also only explains two of the 5 officers with regards to positions while the vehicle was in motion.

two others opened fire as he was exiting the vehicle, one previously discharged a shotgun as he was trying top get into the vehicle

two others opened fire as he was exiting the vehicle, one previously discharged a shotgun as he was trying top get into the vehicle

And where were the two that fired as he exited the vehicle while the vehicle was in motion? Did the guy who fired before he got into the vehicle move from his location and fire again?

You need some perspective on just how slow/how few that really is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not when you're talking about multiple cops.

Sure. let's even it out. 40 shots, over 40 seconds. Which means it took 5 cops almost a minute to fire all their shots at a moving automobile.

If they were being that careful and measured about their aim, I ask, why?

Unless they knew people were in the car.

Thats 1 shot per cop per 6 seconds. Unless they did a gauntlet line, and each cop unloaded and then let the next one take his shots.

If it took 40 seconds for the car to pass the cops after the first shot was fired, how fast could it have been traveling?

Ponder those, for a moment, oh internet contrarians, and proceed with your scenario oh how this is justified.

*their

which is even less excusable being that the collateral damage involves children.