Ive never seen LOTR... ever

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
24,069
1,485
573
<3
Marklar
₥2,990
BeeRad said:
Dont have time to read some story about short ppl and their almost gay attraction to one another:fly:
Book is different than the movie. Then again most of us read the book before we even knew a movie was coming out. It is an impressive work of literature to be sure. It is also the first modern epic of that type. The entire fantasy genre owes much to Tolkien.
 

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
34,953
18,766
823
Marklar
₥21,493
why_ask_why said:
I've never watched any of those movies either...or harry potter
shit makes me want to wretch honestly
if I'm going to watch scifi, I like stuff more like x-files, the 4400, 12 monkeys, highlander, etc..
well x-files and highlander are more fantasy than science fiction...but 4400 rulez :cool:
 

Ryokurin

Erect Member
Oct 15, 2004
1,598
0
41
42
www.ryokurin.net
Marklar
₥0
HydroSqueegee said:
oh... i did watch the Hobbit cartoon movie back in the mid 80's. my friend and i went around shooting black arrows at dragons from our fort (aka playground equipment)


The Cartoon sucked. It also ruined the Hobbit book that I had to read in middle school. I did go see the trilogy but I wasn't like some people I know and camped out to see it and such. I actually hate long movies for the most part, which is why I didn't go and see King Kong.

Other movies I haven't seen nor do I really have plans to see are the Harry Potter films, Titanic, Pearl Harbor, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jurassic Park 2 and 3, Batman 3-5, Pulp Fiction and Evil Dead. In the last two cases, its not because I just dont want to, I just haven't taken the time to see them.
 

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
I read LOTR waaaay back in the day, and thought it was boring. Not a big fan of the movies, either. I thought it was fluffy fantasy for kids. Not nearly dark or violent enough. Just not my bag.
 

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
68,732
1,999
923
Marklar
₥0
ChikkenNoodul said:
I watched the Highlander series before seeing the movies, and was quite disappointed to find that lisping fairy Lambert in the lead role


BURN THE HERETIC!!
he lisps? never noticed :wtf:

edit: and the guy in the series was so gay it made it unwatchable to me...funny we thought the same about the people we saw in the roll second :lol:
 

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
The guy in the series was pretty good, actually. Different character altogether, but I thought he did alright. Adrian Brody? No wait, that's the skinny gay guy who played the Pianist.
 

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
68,732
1,999
923
Marklar
₥0
Sarcasmo said:
The guy in the series was pretty good, actually. Different character altogether, but I thought he did alright. Adrian Brody? No wait, that's the skinny gay guy who played the Pianist.

Adrian Paul according to a quick google
 

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
17,050
498
548
43
Marklar
₥570
I have never seen LOTR, The Hobbit, FF, Lara Croft, and loads of other geekish movies :(

IR teh lose
 

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
5,219
39
41
Marklar
₥157
JJ and I love both the movies and the TV series (except the second movie, but most fans pretend that it never exsited). She was a huge fan of the series before I even met her. Shit, she's even got a Clan MacLeod broadsword hanging in our living room.
 

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
22,790
47
41
46
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
bast_imret said:
JJ and I love both the movies and the TV series (except the second movie, but most fans pretend that it never exsited). She was a huge fan of the series before I even met her. Shit, she's even got a Clan MacLeod broadsword hanging in our living room.

I just don't understand why we've never hung out. You guys sound like you like tons of the same stuff I do.

There were 4 movies. 1 was good. 2 was really bad. 3 ok. 4 was good. 4 had both highlanders from the Tv show and movie in it. I always liked the Tv show Macleod better. Lambert always tries to do this raspy tough guy voice that gets annoying.
 

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
13,322
2
0
39
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
FlamingGlory said:
Book is different than the movie. Then again most of us read the book before we even knew a movie was coming out. It is an impressive work of literature to be sure. It is also the first modern epic of that type. The entire fantasy genre owes much to Tolkien.

There is no way I could get threw one of those whole books with my reading abilities. Its funny though cause I can read a help book like nobodies bizzznasss, lol
 

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
34,953
18,766
823
Marklar
₥21,493
ChikkenNoodul said:
The chick in the series was pretty damn hot IIRC
Which one? Alexandra Vandernoot played Tessa in the first season, I liked her accent. The chick that played Amanda and eventually had her own very short lived series called "The Raven" or something like that was Elizabeth Gracen. Former Playmate and one of the girls to claim she was boned by Clinton.

edit: there was also Lisa Howard that played some doctor girlfriend I think

b_sinning said:
I just don't understand why we've never hung out. You guys sound like you like tons of the same stuff I do.

There were 4 movies. 1 was good. 2 was really bad. 3 ok. 4 was good. 4 had both highlanders from the Tv show and movie in it. I always liked the Tv show Macleod better. Lambert always tries to do this raspy tough guy voice that gets annoying.
The biggest differences between Lambert and Adrian Paul were the facts that Paul was actually born a lot closer to Scotland than Lambert, lived there for many years and thus had a much better Scottish accent. That and unlike Lambert he was a genuine martial artist. He worked on much of his own choreography and any time you saw him practicing with a sword it was something he actually knew how to do. Most of the time he would take kung fu forms that called for a tai chi sword and applied them for use with a katana, making them look twice as cool to anyone that knew what they were looking at. :o
 
Last edited:

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
34,953
18,766
823
Marklar
₥21,493
ChikkenNoodul said:
That Vandernoot chick
avandernoot.jpg


her accent is intoxicating. few women have attributes to which I can apply that qualifier

b_sinning said:
Paul looked like he could kick your ass with a sword.
I've no doubt about it. My former kungfu master met with him a number of times over the years at tournaments and other events. That guy is genuinely deadly.