I've been waiting 13 months to say this ...

FlamingGlory said:
That is why we still have junior leagues. Where we still have bench clearing brawls with teh dirty french canucks!

Personally I love hockey for the sheer skill of it. It is incredibly hard to master the mechanics of it alone, not to mention the tactics and patterns. The fighting has always been secondary to me, and sometimes it even annoys the shit out of me, especially when skill players are in the process of setting something up and get interrupted as play stops.

The exception to that, though, is watching Maltby or Draper get their asses kicked. It could be in the middle of a Stanley Cup breakaway and I wouldn't be bothered a bit.

Sarcasmo said:
Personally I love hockey for the sheer skill of it. It is incredibly hard to master the mechanics of it alone, not to mention the tactics and patterns. The fighting has always been secondary to me, and sometimes it even annoys the shit out of me, especially when skill players are in the process of setting something up and get interrupted as play stops.

The exception to that, though, is watching Maltby or Draper get their asses kicked. It could be in the middle of a Stanley Cup breakaway and I wouldn't be bothered a bit.
Meh, you sound like a european. Yes it is incredibly skill based, but it's also just about the only thing still around where if someone does piss you off you dont appeal to a higher authority or depend on rules. Every level I've played at, you dont do things not because they are against the rules but because they arent fair and the reprecussions are enormous.

In anthropology they'd call it a culture of honour vis a vis a culture of laws. Debates are settled finally and always with a clear victor. The bigger guys tend to take care of the little guys etc. There is alot more going on, on the ice, than just OMG LETS FIGHT LOLOL.

I could keep going but I'll spare ya :p

FlamingGlory said:
Meh, you sound like a european. Yes it is incredibly skill based, but it's also just about the only thing still around where if someone does piss you off you dont appeal to a higher authority or depend on rules. Every level I've played at, you dont do things not because they are against the rules but because they arent fair and the reprecussions are enormous.

In anthropology they'd call it a culture of honour vis a vis a culture of laws. Debates are settled finally and always with a clear victor. The bigger guys tend to take care of the little guys etc. There is alot more going on, on the ice, than just OMG LETS FIGHT LOLOL.

I could keep going but I'll spare ya :p

I was raised in Europe. :shifty:

why_ask_why said:
you dont know who you messin with esse, dont chu know im loco??
actually coqui's the non-threatening type of mexican

I think that has something to do with the fact that he's really really hot

Sarcasmo said:

The founder of my company is John H. McConnell
The owner of the Columbus Blue Jackets is John H. McConnell

A perk for where I work is owner box seats for hockey games. All I can eat and drink just because I support the execs.

elpmis said:
actually coqui's the non-threatening type of mexican

I think that has something to do with the fact that he's really really hot

And the last time I got angry, let's just say said person didn't mess with me anymore.

(actually I've been told I look very intimidating :()