ITT we recommend a book/movie/album to other members

Actually if anybody likes emo rock stuff you might like the english band Hundred Reasons, nobody but me seems to know them but their debut album is great and happy and just makes you wanna bounce off walls.

Its called Ideas Above Our Station :)

NeedMoreEmo said:
Wasn't that about the Romans or something? :confused:

No, wrong "Lost Empire". This one involves China, a banned book, and a smartass Monkey King. Purely a humorous look at the whole thing, definitely not to be confused with a documentary or anything like that :lol:

NeedMoreEmo said:
Yeah, I could have come up a more interesting plot. Talk about generic and overused.

I'll see if they have anything by him in the library and give it a go, Im not sure it's my sort of thing, and not because I have boobs.

even if not, props for being anti-housewife books :D

F33nX said:
HEY! snowcrash is one of my favorite books! :p

:eek: I have never in my entire life met a female person who read Stephenson. Diamond Age and Snow Crash are definetily more Vaginal American friendly. I'd like to meet a woman who could tackle Cryptonomicon though :fly:

NeedMoreEmo said:
You're on.

What makes this book so apparently male friendly?

the themes and characters. WWII, cryptography, math, commerce, philosophy, and technology. I'm not trying to say women are incapable of handling these subjects, but they aren't things that generally appeal to them in their entertainment.

I'll be waiting to hear what you think of it :)

i've been on a sci-fi kick lately, check out Altered Carbon and Broken Angels by Richard Morgan. two of the more gripping books i've read in years.

as always, the Ender's Game series and Heinlein are good (mainly Stranger in a Strange Land and Starship Troopers).

jaxxor said:
:eek: I have never in my entire life met a female person who read Stephenson. Diamond Age and Snow Crash are definetily more Vaginal American friendly. I'd like to meet a woman who could tackle Cryptonomicon though :fly:

you asshole! you tricked my german!