ITT we make possibly incorrect authoritative statements to lure FG out of hiding

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
Austin
Marklar
₥663
Economic considerations are unimportant when evaluating alternative road design and construction methods.

It's stupid how the Vice President gets two Senate votes without even being a senator: one regular vote and then the tie breaker whenever necessary. Might as well just give them veto power and call it a day. :rolleyes:

I wish the U.S. had a firearms registration system like the one in Canada. Simple, efficient, and cost effective.

Existentialism trumps religion any day.

I am too stupid to come back with a witty response.

Please come back to me (read: us) FG!! :heart:

But, this map is heavy... It's got all of those... robes on it. Robes? Rogues?

rooooad

Dammit! The nitrous oxide's leaking into the car! OK, calm down... we just gotta keep under the speed limit... limit...

Limittttt! Haha, that's another one of those freaky words!

I'm going to completely tear out the inside of my house and rebuild it from the ground up. I think that the only proper way to do it is with chewing gum and 3/4" staples.

Furthermore, before I start, I will be digging deep to find my inner love of disgustingly skinny women in addition to growing my hair out and buying a pair of expensive but durable combat boots...or at least the internet will tell me so before I buy them. Only then will I be ready to undertake such a project.

Edit: I just figured out that I need some money to do this but going to college and getting a high paying job is not for me, I think that Orange Julius is hiring in the mall though.

Last edited:
Can someone Google an old statute for me please?

circa 600 A.D.

Đis syndon Þa domas Þe Æđelbirht cyning asette on Agustinus dæge

“These are the decrees which King Æthelberht set in Augustine’s time”

1. Godes feoh & ciricean XII gylde.

“God's property and the church’s [is to be compensated] with 12[-fold] compensation”

2. Biscopes feoh XI gylde.

“A bishop’s property with 11 compensation”

3. Preostes feoh IX gylde.

“A priest’s property with 9 compensation.”

8. Gif cyning his leode to him gehateþ & heom mon þær yfel gedo, II bóte, & cyninge L scillinga.

“If the king summons his people to him and a person does any harm to them there, 2[-fold] restitution and 50 shillings to the king.”

12. Gif man frigne mannan of sleahþ, cyninge L scill to drihtinbeage.

“If a person kills a free man, 50 shillings to the king as lord-payment.”

16. Gif man wiđ cyninges mægdenman geligeþ, L scillinga gebete.

“If a man lies with the king’s maiden, let him pay 50 shillings.”

16.1. Gif hio grindende þeowa sio, XXV scillinge gebete.

“If she should be a ‘grinding’ slave, let him pay 25 shillings.”

16.2 Sio þridde, XII scillingas.

“[If] she should be [of the] third [rank], 12 shillings.”

23. Gif man mannan wæpnum bebyreþ đær ceas weorđ, & man nænig yfel ne gedeþ, VI scillingum gebete.

“If a person provides someone with weapons when strife arises, but he does no harm, let him pay 6 shillings.”

24. Gif man mannan ofslæhđ, medume leodgeld C scillinga gebete

“If a person kills someone, let him pay an ordinary person-price, 100 shillings.”

31. Gif friman wiđ fries mannes wif geligeþ, his wergilde abicge, & ođer wif his agenum scætte begete & đæm ođrum æt þam gebrenge.

“If a freeman lies with a free man’s wife, let him buy [him/her] off [with] his/her wergild and obtain another wife [for the husband] [with] his own money and bring her to the other man at home.”

47. Se þe cinban forslæhđ, nud XX scillingum forgelde.

“He who breaks a jawbone, let him pay 20 shillings.”

48. Æt þam feower tođum, fyrestum, æt gehwylcum VI scillingas.

“For the foremost four teeth, for each 6 shillings.”

49. Gif spræc awyrd weorþ, XII scillingas.

“If speech become damaged, 12 shillings.”

76. Gif man mægþ gebigeđ ceapi, geceapod sy gif hit unfacne is.

“If a man buys a maiden with a [bride-]price, let the bargain be [valid], if there is no deception.”

77. Gif man mægþman nede genimeþ, đam agende L scillinga, & eft æt þam agende sinne willan ætgebicge.

“If a person takes a maiden by force: to the owner [of her protection] 50 shillings, and afterwards let him buy from the owner his consent [to marry her].”

only 50 shillings to bed the king's maiden. A bargain if you ask me.