ITT we discuss why I should get Netflix

reverendsaintjay

Flaccid Member
Jan 5, 2006
Maryland
Marklar
₥0
Ok, here's the deal. I'm done with HBO until the Sopranos comes back on and Pay-Per-View/VOD is a bit on the expensive side. I (we) DVR any and all TV shows that we have interests in but sometimes you just want to pop a movie in, right?

So yeah, Netflix, who uses it and what are your experiences? Is it better to go with 1/2/3 DVDs at a time? What are your average turnaround times on movie returns?

I would also be willing to entertain stories of your experiences with competitors, but not Blockbuster. They blacklisted me so I'm blacklisting them. (long story, full frontal nudity and/or scat did not play a factor)

This topic interests me as well. Blondie and I too have blacklisted Blockbuster. We use Hollywood Video right now but they have gotten expensive. Netflix seems intriging.

We use Netflix and I love it. We get the 3 at a time deal so we can have a variety of stuff out at once. It usually takes about 4 business days for turn around time. And they have EVERYTHING you could possibly want to rent. We started using them for anime tho, best anime rental selection anywhere.

Lemme know if anyone wants to sign up. I can email you a free trial rental.

I've had netflix.

Pros: if you like watching whole series in a few sittings Get it
great selection
easy to queue up shit.
There is a vacation setting so they don't send you dvds when you are out of town.
FAST Shipping.

cons:

If you go through 6 dvds a week like I did , they will start "slowing" down your new flicks. I enjoying watching anime and scifi series and after about 2 months of netflix I noticed that every other batch of dvds one or 2 would mysteriously come up as not being recieved. I had to log in and tell them the day I sent it and they would find it. Meanwhile I was not getting all my dvds in the batches I like.

Sometimes I'd get shit that was clearly at the bottom of my list or in the middle when according to netflix my whole list was avalible.

the rare scratched dvd but hey that happens.

in all..the pros outwieghed the cons. I've seen so many movies and series thanks to them that I'm quite happy in recommendeding it to the casual movie watcher. as for those film/anime geeks like me who have to watch whole series in sitting becasue it's just that good.....slow down on how fast you send them back or you might start getting "glitches" like I was.

we also have it. we'd love to have the three at a time, but we don't for financial reasons. it's worth it definitely, and the selection is unlimited. they have YET to not offer a movie i've wanted.
if they do happen to slow down, then all you need to do is call them on it, and it should straighten itself out.

Thorn Bird said:
we also have it. we'd love to have the three at a time, but we don't for financial reasons. it's worth it definitely, and the selection is unlimited. they have YET to not offer a movie i've wanted.
if they do happen to slow down, then all you need to do is call them on it, and it should straighten itself out.

This really gets to the heart of the matter. In talking with a friend of mine who uses netflix there is evidently a processing facility less than 25 miles from the house, turnaround is 24-36 hours (depending on postal service).

My problem is determining whether to go with 1 at a time or 3 at a time. The price break between 2 and 3 is 3 bucks a month, not worth worrying about. But with a quick turnaround time I think that 1 at a time could be worthwhile.

you can always try the one and bump it up if need be. just make sure your SIGNIFICANT OTHER DOESN'T ERASE YOUR WHOLE LIST OF MOVIES YOU'VE WORKED SO LONG TO BUILD. :mad:

I liked it. Sadly, we just cancelled cause we really don't have time to watch movies these days. We were lucky enough to get about a 2 day turn around. As we had the 2 at a time plan, we could have had a new movie to watch every day. :cool: