ITT: We discuss religion's effects on behavior.

Coqui said:
Touchdown Jesus is gonna pwn Purdue and all the right wing voters!!!

GO CATHOLICS!!

Post meant in pure jest

Hey don't knock the Catholics...YOu can do whetever you want and as long as you confess before you die you still go to heaven. What could be better?

*Spoken as a true bad Catholic...thats why I'm a good Lutheran now*
:fly:

Bubbles said:
Ah, futbol....I only know 2 video games, BF2 (thanks to you fools) and Halo 2. I like playing Halo. :)
FIFA is um the international governing body of 'football' dude...

Bubbles said:
I thought he said he was going to play something, excuse me for not knowing every friggin useless fact on earth, and stop talking to me like I'm an idiot.
K, want some hot chocolate? Then we'll watch some TV, that'll be fun eh? :p

(I wasnt talking to you like you're an idiot, you'd know if I was. Now chillax.)

Bubbles said:
I thought he said he was going to play something, excuse me for not knowing every friggin useless fact on earth, and stop talking to me like I'm an idiot.

he was probably talking about the game, fifa soccer 2005

sarcasmo, that is

FlamingGlory said:
K, want some hot chocolate? Then we'll watch some TV, that'll be fun eh? :p

(I wasnt talking to you like you're an idiot, you'd know if I was. Now chillax.)

Well, I'm just a little short with you because the other day you said I needed more literature, and then you said something about me being uneducated, so I took this one a little personal too, sorry.

Sarcasmo said:
Then, to hopefully prove my point, I posted the following hypothetical scientific question: If religion, in all its shapes, beliefs, and contrivances, were to completely vanish from the face of the earth, would people behave differently for better or for worse? It would be like you are an observer, looking down at the world. One day religion is there, as it always has been, and the next it's gone, and it's like it had never been. No one knows anything about God or religion or an afterlife or anything else remotely religious. It's just gone, with no memory of it.

How would peoples' behavior be different on the two days?

If there is a change, does that mean religion is a catalyst?

My theory is that religion is good for one thing. Teaching humans about morality and how to be a good person (for the most part). It is my hopes that within the advancements of science in the next 100-200 years, religion will be relegated to ONLY teaching morailty, as too many wars (and even person-on-person crime) have been fought over whos imaginary friend is better.

That said, I believe that the world would be a vasty different place without religion. People are sheep. They need something or someone to tell them what to do and how to act. We see that all throughout nature. There is almost always an alpha of any social species, humans are no exception. If religion was removed, a new social structure would have to be implemented and that would be total anarchy.

I guess that's all I have to say. o well