ITT Uncharacteristic leisure activities

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,391
ITT Tell me things you enjoy doing in your free time that are not the norm. I like to clean (there's definately something wrong with that) and alphabetise/sort out my book shelves (which isn't OCD, it just looks nice afterwards). I also enjoy playing rather bad cheesy 70's/80's music whilst cleaning, but I wouldn't dare play it when anyone's around.

'Leisure' activities including yourself and your most muscular arm don't count.

i think we'd get along. i'll even let you clean my house!

i like to detangle things. necklaces, wires, strings...i, too, like to alphabetize, and if i feel like changing it up, i'll size stuff. i found some lone envelopes the other day, and i had to put them in order by size. it was so soothing or something. i like to clean out junk drawers, or really just drawers. we just got this cataloging system where you can scan barcodes on your computer, so yesterday i scanned our kids' movies and computer games. i like to organize the pantry.

Of course, I knit, alot. I clip coupons, make spreadsheets of random things. I make tons of lists.

These things may not seem strange to people here but should you meet me irl I think it would surprise a few.

OOOh and I watch Labyrinth while I clean. I know all the words and scenes so I don't have to actually see the movie playing.

I do like organising things, but they have to be in straight lines. Like the other day my fella wanted to get a rug, but it was circular and I couldn't stand a circular rug in a square room, it's just wrong. And if we move furniture round it has to be at nice angles, not overlapping or anything. My boyfriend has now learned this, much to his exasperation.

Of course, I knit, alot. I clip coupons, make spreadsheets of random things. I make tons of lists.

These things may not seem strange to people here but should you meet me irl I think it would surprise a few.

OOOh and I watch Labyrinth while I clean. I know all the words and scenes so I don't have to actually see the movie playing.

:lol: I love Labyrinth. I think I could clean very happily along to the soundtrack. Bowie in spandex :drool:

ohhhh i looooooooooove lists and i have a million going at one time. i have pens that are my favorite list pens.
i want to watch you clean my house. i have labyrinth. :hi2u:
I do like organising things, but they have to be in straight lines. Like the other day my fella wanted to get a rug, but it was circular and I couldn't stand a circular rug in a square room, it's just wrong. And if we move furniture round it has to be at nice angles, not overlapping or anything. My boyfriend has now learned this, much to his exasperation.
i get that straight line thing. and angles and making it all fit.

omg i'm so in :heart: with you two. my list of weirds could go on three pages.

The only weird things I do for fun is cooking and teaching myself new things.

Yardwork is fairly fun as is housework when you've got some tunes to play and time to do them.

I love cleaning and organizing. I'm very focused too. I could (and have) spent 1+ hours cleaning or organizing one thing, like my closet. Sometimes I'll go through and make sure all my pants and shirts are hanging in the same direction and try to match the hangers together. I love looking at it when I'm done.

I love cleaning and organizing. I'm very focused too. I could (and have) spent 1+ hours cleaning or organizing one thing, like my closet. Sometimes I'll go through and make sure all my pants and shirts are hanging in the same direction and try to match the hangers together. I love looking at it when I'm done.

Do you beat April if she brings a wire hanger in the house?

I think thats just the OCD kicking in.

oh yes. and i'm left-handed, so all my clothes go in opposite direction than right-handed hanger-uppers. drives me nuts and no one can help me hang unless they do it my way. i have certain hangers for certain types of clothes. i have dividers in the baby's closet for all the different types of clothing.
same thing with file folders and cards in envelopes. they have to go in the left-handed way!

when i do something, i do it all the way. i can't do that 15-min. thing. if i clean, i clean it all. if i do one closet, i do them all. if i vacuum one room, i do them all. it's very not good. :( i don't get much done because of that. i'm a perfectionist, and so it's all or nothing.

ohhhh i looooooooooove lists and i have a million going at one time. i have pens that are my favorite list pens.
i want to watch you clean my house. i have labyrinth. :hi2u:

i get that straight line thing. and angles and making it all fit.

omg i'm so in :heart: with you two. my list of weirds could go on three pages.

I think we make a nice gaggle of irrational women :heart: