ITT tell your April 1st jokes you played

inline4 said:
My joke this year, although i usually do something cheesy at 4am to the rents, i decided to wait it out this year.

We had dinner for my dads birthday saturday and i invited the g/f. The new g/f of roughly 2 weeks (yes its going well, no thats not what the threads about) we were talking friday night and decided that we should play "Engaged" the next day.
what'd you do?

The joke I was involved in was very similar. The 'rents' called me on the 20th and TOLD me I had to convince my li'l brother that me and my new boyfriend and I flew to Chicago on the 16th to get hitched [Mind you, he and I were exclusive as of the 21st.] I elaborated and told my brother that we had to apply for the license and wait a couple of days before we flew to Atlantic City for the ceremony [Easier to B.S. if at least one of us is familure with the place we had said ceremony. He had pictures outside the hotel room from a previous vacation at the Centurion Tower. ]
I meet with my brother, his new G/F and my uncle the following week at the Outback. My bro asked to see my ring [ A heart shaped, white gold ring with rubies and diamonds that I borrowed from a good friend of mine ] He scrutinized it with disbelief so much so that his girlfriend said, ' It's not like YOU'RE going to be able to tell if it's fake.' With dissatisfaction, he recklessly tossed the ring down on the table. I was pissed and verbally snipped him for an hour. His g/f questioned why I was berraiding him to which I responded, ' One, he doesn't believe I'm married and two, he Threw my wedding ring.' That only partially convinced him. It wasn't until Sunday where i brought my s.o. for show and tell to a family function where the s.o. and I spun our tale of Atlantic City with proof in the form of the pictures and rings [He wore a gold ring on the appropriate finger.] Needless to say, my brother is fully convinced. However, I propose a question to you wonderful people -should we spill the beans this Friday or string it out until April Fools Day of next year?

InnerMuse said:
Aww, c'mon. After the comment I made atop BigJosh's shoulders at the meet, what'd ya expect... prim an' proper? eff that

I was saying it was good you're a dirty girl! :)
and I wasn't at the meet so I have no idea what you're talking about

InnerMuse said:
The joke I was involved in was very similar. The 'rents' called me on the 20th and TOLD me I had to convince my li'l brother that me and my new boyfriend and I flew to Chicago on the 16th to get hitched [Mind you, he and I were exclusive as of the 21st.] I elaborated and told my brother that we had to apply for the license and wait a couple of days before we flew to Atlantic City for the ceremony [Easier to B.S. if at least one of us is familure with the place we had said ceremony. He had pictures outside the hotel room from a previous vacation at the Centurion Tower. ]
I meet with my brother, his new G/F and my uncle the following week at the Outback. My bro asked to see my ring [ A heart shaped, white gold ring with rubies and diamonds that I borrowed from a good friend of mine ] He scrutinized it with disbelief so much so that his girlfriend said, ' It's not like YOU'RE going to be able to tell if it's fake.' With dissatisfaction, he recklessly tossed the ring down on the table. I was pissed and verbally snipped him for an hour. His g/f questioned why I was berraiding him to which I responded, ' One, he doesn't believe I'm married and two, he Threw my wedding ring.' That only partially convinced him. It wasn't until Sunday where i brought my s.o. for show and tell to a family function where the s.o. and I spun our tale of Atlantic City with proof in the form of the pictures and rings [He wore a gold ring on the appropriate finger.] Needless to say, my brother is fully convinced. However, I propose a question to you wonderful people -should we spill the beans this Friday or string it out until April Fools Day of next year?

spring it.. its going to be hard to hold on to that, and what happens if you break up..

we're extending the joke in a few weeks we're going to tell my parents she is pregnent and the engagement is on for real..

should be good for a laugh :D

inline4 said:
spring it.. its going to be hard to hold on to that, and what happens if you break up..

Nah, even if we face plant on the relationship, he and I were friends first and most likely will be after. A far as holding on to the ruse, I see my brother once every couple of months. So long as the 'rents' keep their yaps shut, it'll be a breeze. Plus, I'm getting a house soon. That solidifies the whole ' living in his apartment until we get our house' line I fed him on Sunday. Mwahahahahah

inline4 said:
...we're extending the joke in a few weeks we're going to tell my parents she is pregnent and the engagement is on for real..

should be good for a laugh :D

Hell yeah. You should find a friend that has sonograms and show them to your folks. They'll want to beat you once you confess.

InnerMuse said:
Nah, even if we face plant on the relationship, he and I were friends first and most likely will be after. A far as holding on to the ruse, I see my brother once every couple of months. So long as the 'rents' keep their yaps shut, it'll be a breeze. Plus, I'm getting a house soon. That solidifies the whole ' living in his apartment until we get our house' line I fed him on Sunday. Mwahahahahah

Hell yeah. You should find a friend that has sonograms and show them to your folks. They'll want to beat you once you confess.

i dont know anyone who's currently pregers..

wait.. i do.. OOHH i'm evil!!!

InnerMuse said:
/tear Go make Momma proud, beh-bee. If you're still alive after this one, you'll have to take a pics of their expressions when you tell them it's a joke and post 'em.

screw pictures, i'm setting up video cameras!!!