ITT: Recommend me a good 27" tv.

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
6,388
12
0
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
Marklar
₥355
How much do you want to spend? 350-500

What are you going to be watching on it? TV stand

What do you want to be watching on it in the future? DVDs/ HD-DVDs, cable tv

Where is this TV going to live? living room

How far away you sitting from it? ~6'

Anything else important to note? It will not be apart of a home theather set up.
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
Marklar
₥0
27" HDTV and you have a max budget of $500? That's really not going to work man. If you can wait till Black Friday, I'm quite sure it will be do-able. The only decent option at that size and near that price is the Syntax Olevia LT27HVX. http://secure.syntaxgroups.com/products/detail.jsp?pid=LT27HVX
This isn't the best LCD in the world, but the price/performance ratio is pretty darn high.

It can usually be found for about $650. I know that's more than you wanted to spend, but I would not in good faith recommend anything cheaper for that size.
 

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
6,388
12
0
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
Marklar
₥355
theacoustician said:
27" HDTV and you have a max budget of $500? That's really not going to work man. If you can wait till Black Friday, I'm quite sure it will be do-able. The only decent option at that size and near that price is the Syntax Olevia LT27HVX. http://secure.syntaxgroups.com/products/detail.jsp?pid=LT27HVX
This isn't the best LCD in the world, but the price/performance ratio is pretty darn high.

It can usually be found for about $650. I know that's more than you wanted to spend, but I would not in good faith recommend anything cheaper for that size.

What is a decent amount to buy a HDTV without over paying?
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
Marklar
₥0
Arátoeldar said:
What is a decent amount to buy a HDTV without over paying?
In the ~27" size range, you're looking at $700 - $1000 depending on the bells and whistles you want on it. My suggested brands there would be LG, Sharp, Samsung, Sanyo, Sony; in that order, but do what looks best to your eyes. If you keep your eyes and ears open you can find that Syntax I linked you to for $600-650 on sale/rebate. My dad has one in his den and its pretty decent.

Like I said though, if you want it closer to your stated goal, wait till the day after Thanksgiving. The past couple years have seen flat planes of all sizes getting cut 25-40% for the Christmas shopping season.
 

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
6,388
12
0
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
Marklar
₥355
theacoustician said:
In the ~27" size range, you're looking at $700 - $1000 depending on the bells and whistles you want on it. My suggested brands there would be LG, Sharp, Samsung, Sanyo, Sony; in that order, but do what looks best to your eyes. If you keep your eyes and ears open you can find that Syntax I linked you to for $600-650 on sale/rebate. My dad has one in his den and its pretty decent.

Like I said though, if you want it closer to your stated goal, wait till the day after Thanksgiving. The past couple years have seen flat planes of all sizes getting cut 25-40% for the Christmas shopping season.

Thank You Scott. :heart: