ITT: Recommend me a good 27" tv.

Are you looking for something flat? An LCD? A Plasma?

D U WANT CRT?

edit: how much do you want to spend

Sharp makes an Aquos that's 26'' (Flat Panel LCD HTV) it'll do 1366 x 768 resolution; and has both 2 HDMI and 2 HD component inputs - solid fucking TV from what I've seen, but it'll set you back a grand

Your best bet for about 300 dollars less is a Westy aka Westinghouse - 27" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV at 1366 x 768 resolution; has a HDMI-HDCP input. Westy's always get average to decent reviews considering the cost

How much do you want to spend?
What are you going to be watching on it?
What do you want to be watching on it in the future?
Where is this TV going to live?
How far away you sitting from it?
Anything else important to note?

theacoustician said:
How much do you want to spend?
What are you going to be watching on it?
What do you want to be watching on it in the future?
Where is this TV going to live?
How far away you sitting from it?
Anything else important to note?
He wants a 27'' so I'm guessing he's sitting roughly 300 feet away

elpmis said:
Sharp makes an Aquos that's 26'' (Flat Panel LCD HTV) it'll do 1366 x 768 resolution; and has both 2 HDMI and 2 HD component inputs - solid fucking TV from what I've seen, but it'll set you back a grand

Your best bet for about 300 dollars less is a Westy aka Westinghouse - 27" Flat-Panel LCD HDTV at 1366 x 768 resolution; has a HDMI-HDCP input. Westy's always get average to decent reviews considering the cost
That Westinghouse is running into problems. The reviews started nice, then quickly turned ugly among longer term owners.

theacoustician said:
That Westinghouse is running into problems. The reviews started nice, then quickly turned ugly among longer term owners.
just that model or Westy's in general? :damn:

elpmis said:
just that model or Westy's in general? :damn:
The whole last generation of panels. I think I heard their display group got bought out and is under new management though. Have to keep an eye open to see how that goes.

theacoustician said:
The whole last generation of panels. I think I heard their display group got bought out and is under new management though. Have to keep an eye open to see how that goes.
It would be nice if new management delivers a better product, but no chance the prices will stay as cheap

elpmis said:

I've got one of those as well. Although with one HDMI input. Really nice TV I have to say. Wonderful picture.