ITT, post your theories why the forum was down

fly said:
I'm sick of these motherfuckin' snakes in this motherfuckin' server.
:fly46:
Edit: Server clock seems to be on the fritz too...look at the times on the posts in here.

Last edited:
SpyderGST said:
According to Cyntha McKinney's office, it was the electronic voting machines programmed by the white man to keep the black forum down.

Or so I hear.
:lol: but that's only funny to you, me, and like 3 other people on this forum.

SpyderGST said:
According to Cyntha McKinney's office, it was the electronic voting machines programmed by the white man to keep the black forum down.

Or so I hear.

The man is always trying to keep a brotha down.:mad:

april and fly were getting a bit randy...fly hit the lights and said come get me...april, festooned with giant black rubber strap on dong, accidentally stuck it in the fan of the proc instead of fly's protruding backside...like most geeks, unfortunately the side was off the case...she thought the fan hum was the vibrating egg that dbzeag sent fly

shawndavid said:
theac shut it down so he could take more time to get the answer for that Thievery Corp track

:lol:
:wtf: Why would I shut down the server to find the answer to a question that was already answered?

god dammit. I had a massive story of epic fucking proportions written to post in here, and it gave a me a fucking error page when I went to post it, and now it's gone. Fuck. Spent the last 15 min working on that thing.

A message board that crashed north of Tampa, Florida may already have been a flying tomb when it plunged to earth with some of the 19 people aboard already either dead or unconscious, early indications suggest.

Tuesday's crash, the worst disaster for the website in at least 36 hours, perplexed experts, astounded by what appeared to have been a catastrophic failure of originality and creativity circulation, as well as meaningful discourse.

There was also mystery over the last minutes of the Jelsoft vBulletin 354 flight, which was declared "renegade" when it began an erratic descent and failed to make radio contact, causing two F-16 air force jets to scramble to investigate.

A local government spokesman said two people tried to take the controls during the final approach.

All 17 passengers and two admins died, most burned beyond recognition, when the forum, with neither admin in control, spiralled down into a swampy area about 60 miles northeast of Tampa.

The forum lost contact about 90 minutes after it left Atlanta, Georgia, en route to Miami via Tampa, and crashed sometime later, local officials said.

The government spokesman said the F-16 pilots sent to investigate reported that with at least one of the admins either ill or unconscious, there may have been a last-ditch effort by others on the website to bring it back under control.

"They saw two people in the cockpit - we don't know if they were mods or passengers - appearing to want to take over the controls,'' he told reporters.

"The situation was characterised renegade, meaning the forum was not under the control of the admins," the spokesman said..

"The F-16s also saw oxygen masks down when they got close to the website. The forum was making continuous right-hand turns to show it had lost radio contact."

Farewell, we're logging off

A passenger on the doomed forum said in an SMS text to his cousin in San Diego: "The admin has turned blue. Cousin farewell, we're logging off."

At the crash scene, several bodies were still strapped into their seats, some with the remnants of oxygen masks over their faces.

"Two charred bodies, probably male, were still hugging each other," said a photographer.

A forum spokeswoman and Floridian authorities denied media reports that some of those on board were children.

Extremely rare

Experts said it was extremely rare for a forum to lose originality and creativity in such an abrupt manner, and that emergency systems should have kicked in.

A spokesman for the Internet Integrity and Advisory Agency, Daniel Holtgen, said it was unlikely that rapid disinterest alone caused the crash.

"The admins should have had their masks on," a retired British moderator said. "Why they didn't put them on is the big mystery."

"A loss of interest in the cabin is in itself a rare event but to go as far as it incapacitates the admin is hugely rare," the retired mod said.

Local media with copies of the passenger manifest speculated a toxic gas from one of the Houstonian passengers, combined with a possibly faulty air-conditioning and ventilation system could have incapacitated the two admins before they knew they were in danger.

Forum spokesperson George Dimitrevich said the message board had been updated "recently'', denying that it was plagued by problems in the past as reported by local media.

Last edited: