FYI ITT let's discuss poor people

On further investigation, I'm reading rumours that there are, indeed, still poor people in this country. I'm told that a statistically significant number of people have less than 1.6 cars per household and a smaller than 36" LED or Plasma. Whilst this may just be left wing invention for the sake of effect, if true, it's an indictment of our society.

Last edited:
Oh and just to be clear. I don't consider 36" to be the poverty line. Some people don't watch TV in which case they can be forgiven for having such a small screen. It is perfectly possibly to have a 36" plasma and not be technically poor, at least if it's mounted in a limo.

Even fire departments hate poor people. Pay your fee or they will drive out there, park across the street, and watch your house burn down.

(Perhaps that was unclear. They will respond to the fire and then watch it, they won't drive out there and set the fire and then watch it.)

Even fire departments hate poor people. Pay your fee or they will drive out there, park across the street, and watch your house burn down.

(Perhaps that was unclear. They will respond to the fire and then watch it, they won't drive out there and set the fire and then watch it.)

They were they to make sure the nieghbors that DO pay the fee don't have the fire spread to them.

They were they to make sure the nieghbors that DO pay the fee don't have the fire spread to them.

I don't care what they were there for. Their job is to prevent homes from burning down and they watched a home burn down. Over a negligible amount of money.

I have crossed the mystic desert
To snap pictures of the poor.
I've invited them to brunch,
Let them crash out on my floor.

that's on par with a cop letting someone get robbed right in front of them because they're off duty. it goes against everything the job stands for

she wasn't a texan which is why she was having trouble securing food stamps. she had just moved from Ohio

she wasn't a texan which is why she was having trouble securing food stamps. she had just moved from Ohio

she moved from ohio to texas? she should have been busy working instead of poor looking for food stamps.

I feel sorry for poor people. Life is full or twists and turns, and no one knows when they are going to get screwed. You can only do your best and hope for the best.