WTF ITT lets discuss IT people

After you ruin your twelfth pair of dress pants plugging in some moron's network cable that they keep kicking out from under their desk, you'll appreciate the jeans.

which is why I started wearing these. tougher than regular pants, very low profile cargo pockets that are usually not noticed in black, yet still ranks above wearing jeans in a business casual environment. was extremely useful when working on various mil bases as a contractor. I could go from a meeting with a one star to digging through a thirty year old server room and back without worrying

I haven't worn jeans in like 18 months. I wear khakis or khaki shorts pretty much all the time when not at work. I have one pair of cargos as well

I wear jeans some days, and dress pants other days. I have to wear dress pants on Fridays as I have to attend a mangers meeting with the Chief of Staff.

I'm khaki's or cords m-th. I only do jeans on fridays. I'll bring out the suit and tie if a 3 letter title type heads into town.

which is why I started wearing these. tougher than regular pants, very low profile cargo pockets that are usually not noticed in black, yet still ranks above wearing jeans in a business casual environment. was extremely useful when working on various mil bases as a contractor. I could go from a meeting with a one star to digging through a thirty year old server room and back without worrying
That works for someone in your employ, but anyone outside of the public sector just looks like a wannabe wearing those.

That works for someone in your employ, but anyone outside of the public sector just looks like a wannabe wearing those.

true, they've been pretty useful in the civilian IT world though. They don't really stand out as "tactical", most people haven't noticed the pockets until I pull my phone out if one. But I see what you mean

Sent from your mom's house using your sister.

Last edited:
When ya'll said IT I thought you were talking about the admins and stuff. The maintenance department does the wiring where I work, IT is people you call because your permissions are fucked or need windows remotely installed.

When ya'll said IT I thought you were talking about the admins and stuff. The maintenance department does the wiring where I work, IT is people you call because your permissions are fucked or need windows remotely installed.

Yet another uneducated snippet of anti-wisdom from ZRH

No, those are called Help Desk technicians. Just one subset of IT.

I'm not talking about running copper through the walls. That being said, some companies put the wiring under the purview of the IT dept

IT is all aspects of data management. I working in data networking. Typically the in house electricians run our copper wire but we do all the terminations and testing. Running cable isn't fun so I like our arrangement.

Last edited: